France 2021: Barbara Pravi - Voilà

OUI ou NON?

• Total voters
Kind of AGOG this is third in the odds. I mean I always suspected it would do well, maybe even sneak a win, but it was one of those songs I didn't actually expect to be a favourite. I still love it, though. It feels very gimmicky French entry but like that's a bad thing. So many chorus-less bangers this year*, it's got to stand out..

*although we'll probably lose half of them in the semis

Reactions: D5K
Considering uni is usually done and dusted by May, out of the big faves France is the easiest to get to and accommodation shouldn’t be a problem as I presume it’d be in Paris if they won, so I’m hoping for a FRENCH VICTORY now please :):france:

Considering uni is usually done and dusted by May, out of the big faves France is the easiest to get to and accommodation shouldn’t be a problem as I presume it’d be in Paris if they won, so I’m hoping for a FRENCH VICTORY now please :):france:

Vive la France! :disco::france:

If you ever need somewhere to stay I’ve got a lovely PAILLASSON, as we say in humourless Parisian CONNASSE :disco:

Louf, chérie, we both know very well you embodied the connassitude parisienne before even becoming an actual connasse parisienne :disco:

I might stay at that hotel at the entrance to Disneyland :disco:

Or in the castle itself :disco:

It’s the favourite that’s easiest to get to and likely easiest to get accommodation for in Paris (DC’s door mat) so this is the Soldi front runner.

So unless they fuck up the staging (which seems UNLIKELY) then Babs will be going into Eurovision week as the bookies fave! THOUGHTS?!

Considering we’ve seen both Bulgaria and Switzerland perform today (the likeliest contenders to OVERTHROW our BABS) I’m really thinking France could take it. I could definitely see a situation where they get 300+ points from the juries, and ~150 or so from the televote, but still enough to just win.

Or maybe it’s just my bias, France is the easiest country for me to get to next year :D

I still don't see it at all. I think Malta will probably move back to #1 if they show improvement in their second rehearsal anyway.

So unless they fuck up the staging (which seems UNLIKELY) then Babs will be going into Eurovision week as the bookies fave! THOUGHTS?!
:tableflip:

I mean, if I absolutely had to choose, I would marginally prefer this to Switzerland. But both can fuck off because a banger absolutely must win. Obviously San Marino is my banger of choice, but Cyprus or Malta would be good too. After the year we've had it just needs to be something upbeat and fun. I also worry about next year if two bores in a row win.

I still don't see it at all. I think Malta will probably move back to #1 if they show improvement in their second rehearsal anyway.
Thursday will be the decisive day (unfortunately (:eyes:) I’ll be out getting drunk celebrating the end of the uni year). Malta rehearse again and we’ll be able to see if they pull it back and make any changes, or if France (who have their first rehearsal that afternoon) will solidify themselves as the favourite or open the contest up even more.

Thursday will be the decisive day (unfortunately (:eyes:) I’ll be out getting drunk celebrating the end of the uni year). Malta rehearse again and we’ll be able to see if they pull it back and make any changes, or if France (who have their first rehearsal that afternoon) will solidify themselves as the favourite or open the contest up even more.
You're missing a semifinal? And you call yourself a fan? :o

You're missing a semifinal? And you call yourself a fan? :o
THIS Thursday! Malta rehearse first thing in the morning and France (along with the rest of the big five + Netherlands) have their first rehearsal that afternoon when I’m OUT

Thursday next week I’ll be drunk in some bar with our @VoR :D

Reactions: VoR
THIS Thursday! Malta rehearse first thing in the morning and France (along with the rest of the big five + Netherlands) have their first rehearsal that afternoon when I’m OUT

Thursday next week I’ll be drunk in some bar with our @VoR :D
Oh good!! I was just envisaging having to send you a live BLOW BY BLOW!

It would be like "Ok next up there's a lady... She's singing a language... Ok it's French...err not sure what this is... It's ok... Wait it's something about a vwala... APPARENTLY it's going to win?"

• Haha
Reactions: dUb
AT THE MINUTE I’m thinking France sweep the jury vote, then Iceland sweep the televote. BUT, Cyprus, Greece, Malta, Bulgaria OR Switzerland manage to scoop up enough points and win the whole thing.

Haven't we been here with France many, many times before? I mean even if not the outright favourite, they're often RIGHT UP THERE, almost invariably leading to disappointment. Or am I making that up?

I'd love a France win though and I'd be more than happy with this song

AT THE MINUTE I’m thinking France sweep the jury vote, then Iceland sweep the televote. BUT, Cyprus, Greece, Malta, Bulgaria OR Switzerland manage to scoop up enough points and win the whole thing.

I think France have a lot to do to claw enough of the televote to give them the win, but this song could totally do it if she nails the performance, they keep that frenetic slightly insane camera shots at the climax, AND if she's got a prime slot.

Haven't we been here with France many, many times before? I mean even if not the outright favourite, they're often RIGHT UP THERE, almost invariably leading to disappointment. Or am I making that up?

I'd love a France win though and I'd be more than happy with this song

yeah I really don’t get the buzz for this one. It’s alright but... 🤷‍♂️

If the juries like Iceland then I think they'll snatch it. And I can easily see Bulgaria (:gross:), Switzerland and Malta having a better combined score than France, as it stands Malta still have the most potential to sweep both, if the final product comes together. Not sure if Cyprus will gain enough jury support.

Definitely overlooking Sweden here too I think, they're worth a punt.

Which is all to say...who fucking knows?! This year is so exciting

I can't take this prolonged edging of the rehearsals, it's like waiting in a 2 hour theme park queue, just take me to next week and GET ME ON THE RIDE

I'd be happily surprised if Babs gained enough support to win, but I currently don't see it.
Patricia Kaas is probably the most tonally similar thing we've seen in recent memory, and whilst she did FINE it wasn't exactly a blazing scoreboard moment

I love Voila though, and it would be a fabulously morbid statement as a winner :D

Like fuck this is winning. France are often overhyped in the odds.
I think they’re more likely to do it than Malta as things stand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom