Frasier (reboot)

Jark

we did it for fun, we did it for free
OFFICIALLY RETURNING!

Only Kelsey Grammar confirmed so far. coming to the streaming service Paramount+.

Peekaboo

User
I'm not a fan of EXHUMATIONS, particularly with a show that I feel was already squeezed for all it was worth (and missing John Mahoney to boot).

Also, if they "do a Frasier" on Frasier and move him somewhere else with the previous cast only appearing occasionally the comparisons are going to be inevitable. To me the show worked because of the supporting cast reacting to the world of Frasier, not just because of him alone.

COB

honk
I could see them going the obvious route and having him move in with his son, as a role reversal of the original premise - I have a feeling it won't be as good as the original, but who knows?

Pingu

Noot noot
Frasier is my all-time favourite sitcom and still I don’t have huge expectations for this but it will be nice to revisit the character(s).

I suppose it’s long enough apart from the original and the finale wrapped things up in such a way that this can hardly really tarnish what went before, even if it is a bit rubbish.

Jark

we did it for fun, we did it for free
I could see them going the obvious route and having him move in with his son, as a role reversal of the original premise - I have a feeling it won't be as good as the original, but who knows?
I think we all know it won't!

but it only has to be good, not incredible. it will get loads of attention I'm sure.

Peekaboo

User
Although I will take everything back if they come up with some ridiculous plot line in which Frasier has to move in with Lilith and every episode is 22 minutes of her being DESPONDENT and him LOSING HIS MIND.

Reactions: COB

Ellie

Super talented triple threat
Oh I loved the possibly happily ever after with Laura Linney. If they do a post-1996 Only Fools & Horses it will be annoying. Also having no Martin? Pfft. And will Wendie Malick be included as his widow or just scoot around that story?

Pingu

Noot noot
Oh I loved the possibly happily ever after with Laura Linney. If they do a post-1996 Only Fools & Horses it will be annoying. Also having no Martin? Pfft. And will Wendie Malick be included as his widow or just scoot around that story?

Well I guess in the series she was meant to be about ten years older than Frasier so they could gently bump her off too if they wished.

I loved the Laura Linney stuff too but at the same time it would be very true to Frasier’s character to have ballsed it up. I always felt that final scene had a touch of “oh here he goes again, chasing a fantasy, some things never change.”

Marilyn

User
Will & Grace did pretty well too, didn't it? At least at first

The nadir of 90s sitcom reboots must be poor Mad About You, which aired on "Spectrum Originals" for an audience of approximately 0 people

Ellie

How has that Fuller House done in America? We never got the original Full House so don’t think it was all that popular here.

Marilyn

User
Oh yes Fuller House is a good example! Netflix saw fit to give it 5 seasons so it must have done decently for them

COB

honk
Isn't the Roseanne reboot still going? Except they killed her off and renamed it :D

RJN

User
It's weird to me how big Frasier was in the 90s, since it doesn't seem to have left anywhere as big an impression as Friends/Seinfeld or even The Fresh Prince or Full House among younger people.

I think these reboots must also be cheaper, and require less promotion, than a lot of new network shows.

Ellie

It's weird to me how big Frasier was in the 90s, since it doesn't seem to have left anywhere as big an impression as Friends/Seinfeld or even The Fresh Prince or Full House among younger people.

I think these reboots must also be cheaper, and require less promotion, than a lot of new network shows.
It’s been on constant morning rotation on UK terrestrial channels much like The Simpsons and Friends.

Frasier seemed to appeal to older people a lot more than the other ones you mentioned. Rather than any obvious direct cultural impact it was just extremely popular across a lot of age groups.

Gangsta Nancy Lam

Slut's Spaghetti
I remember Frasier being on on Channel 4 while I was getting ready for school and just thinking 'WHERE. ARE. THE. JOKES?'

Ag

#fuckingcorners
I loved Frasier back in the day. Really well crafted humour. However I think TV comedy has advanced so much that even a show on a par with the original would struggle to compete. There is way more sophisticated TV humour around than there was 20 years ago.

Also Kelsey Grammar is a Republican.

VoR

Take it or leave it
God Bebe is an absolute fucking icon

It's a shame her scene on the balcony with Daphne isn't on YouTube

"I'll give you anything you want! I'll... I'll MAKE YA A STARRRRRR!"

Ag

#fuckingcorners
Astonishingly Grammar is only 66.

He was THIRTY NINE when Frasier began!

COB

honk
I just looked up Frasier's son Frederick - born in 1989, so would be about 32 now. I'm really expecting him to be a major character in this, even if they don't go the obvious route of Frasier moving in with him for whatever convoluted reason.

Lucille

The President of ASS
I just looked up Frasier's son Frederick - born in 1989, so would be about 32 now. I'm really expecting him to be a major character in this, even if they don't go the obvious route of Frasier moving in with him for whatever convoluted reason.

It’s bad new girls :(

latest

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom