Frasier (reboot) ft. Rodney Trotter

I'm now trying to imagine what sort of fan fiction I might have read if the internet had been a thing when I was 12, and I literally can't remember anything I liked back then except BRYAN ADAMS.

They better at least bring back BEBE

1665006704407.png

This is a fucking terrible idea but I think for it to stand a semi decent chance at being something else besides second-rate Frasier none asked for, it needs to ditch all the characters from the show bar Frasier himself and put him in a completely new scenario where they can develop the character in new ways, much like they did when he transitioned from Cheers into Frasier.

It's still a DREADFUL IDEA and Kelsey Grammer is an idiot for thinking this is going to work even remotely.

I can't not watch for old time's sake, but Frasier was always the least appealing character of the five. He's going to need a hell of a new supporting cast for a new show to work.

Or to follow @Peekaboo's point about transitioning Frasier (where he was never the main character) out of Cheers, they really should have made a show around Niles or Roz instead.

I'd have thought the real Bebe (Neuwirth) would HAVE to make an appearance at least.

I'm not too optimistic about this given that Frasier and Cheers had continuity in the creative team, whereas this seems to be an entirely different one. Was not a fan of How I Met Your Mother.

Or to follow @Peekaboo's point about transitioning Frasier (where he was never the main character) out of Cheers, they really should have made a show around Niles or Roz instead.
This would only have worked if they had picked up straight away with a new spinoff.

But yes, I can't see this working without them anyway.

He appeared in Wings too didn't he? Basically they want him going down as TV's longest running fictional character in history.

This would only have worked if they had picked up straight away with a new spinoff.

But yes, I can't see this working without them anyway.
I'm not entirely sure I agree - it would be ideal, certainly. But I don't think there's any LESS appetite for a Niles spin off now than there is a new series of Frasier with an all new cast.

Apparently Freddie will be a main character in this, so they're clearly going to try and recreate the father/son culture clash vibe of the previous series with the roles reversed. I'd hope this means Lilith playing some kind of role.

Apparently Freddie will be a main character in this, so they're clearly going to try and recreate the father/son culture clash vibe of the previous series with the roles reversed. I'd hope this means Lilith playing some kind of role.
Is that confirmed? I'd read it as speculation.

No Ros, Daphne or Niles? Consider my interest MUTED at best...
The sad thing about this is that the actors have all said they would be up for it but hadn't heard anything about it, so it's clearly a "creative" decision to go on without them.

Is that confirmed? I'd read it as speculation.
Same here, so the "apparently" is doing a lot in that post. I do think it had originated from Kelsey Grammer's comments though so I'd imagine it was at least the original plan. I'm sure it could have morphed into anything in the time it's been in development though.

Oh My God

This is totally going to be the new And Just Like That.. - except imagine THAT with ONLY CARRIE :o

I also read (skimmed so may have been speculation) that it's set in a different place altogether, so in the same way that Frasier was a re-start away from all the established Cheers characters, this will be similar.

The sad thing about this is that the actors have all said they would be up for it but hadn't heard anything about it, so it's clearly a "creative" decision to go on without them.
Up until recently, Grammer was pointing to them appearing too.

Wow, Kelsey Grammar must be considered pretty toxic to go THAT far down the acting pecking order. Were Matthew Horne and Ardal O'Hanlon busy?

Another cast member announced:
This seems to confirm the popular speculation that the show will be a bit of a twist on the original by having the father-son relationship play a major part:
Cutmore-Scott will play Freddy Crane, Frasier’s son. The character is described as “a nuanced combination of his father and grandfather. Years ago, Freddy rejected following in his father’s footsteps—dropping out of college to become a fireman—and he’s never looked back until now, when recent troubles have left him with no one to turn to in his life. If they can overcome past differences, Freddy and Frasier might finally have a chance to repair old wounds.”

I just remembered, I saw Kelsey Grammer and Nicholas Lyndhurst together on stage a few years ago in Man of La Mancha. So that now makes a BIT of sense.

Was Helga from 'Allo 'Allo! also in the cast, by any chance?

1000001344.jpg

The character of David Crane (son of Niles and Daphne) has been cast. Surely they must be hopeful of David Hyde Pierce and Jane Leeves having a cameo at least.

In other news Kelsey Grammer has been all over local media as he's apparently bought a house locally on the North Somerset coast. And one of my friends served him in Waitrose petrol station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom