'Freedom' Day - Are you ready to start clubbing/gigging again?

Will you be going back to crowded events again? (Gigs, Nightclubs etc.)

• Total voters
Vaccines are great, but not a magic covid-shield - better described as an 88% waterproof raincoat. If it's drizzling you should stay dry. If you go swimming in it, you'll probably still get wet...

Going clubbing with a huge crowd of heavy breathing, shouting and sweating people of an age group known to be the main driver of infections and largely unvaccinated, falls under "swimming" in my mind!
I think our immune systems are the raincoat and the vaccine is a wetsuit, if we’re using that analogy. And the point of them isn’t to stop you from getting wet, it’s to stop people from drowning

I have a gig booked for September, but I don't feel very good about that unless cases are way down. It is my friend's 40th in a couple of weeks, just drinks and a meal, and that feels like more than enough at the moment.

I'm not a massive clubbing person anyway (especially where it's so crowded you're having to really push through loads of people to get to the bar) so in no rush to get back to that, but I'm not dead against it even prior to my 2nd dose. One of my friends is turning 30 at the end of this week and we've got the function room of a pub booked out for a few hours, so if anyone suggested a club after that I wouldn't turn it down...

Not got any concerts booked until Steps in November, hopefully that gets to go ahead as that's the sort of thing I've missed more.

The first gig I have tickets for is on 30th October and that's quite soon enough for me.

I think our immune systems are the raincoat and the vaccine is a wetsuit, if we’re using that analogy. And the point of them isn’t to stop you from getting wet, it’s to stop people from drowning
I've been staring at this analogy for two minutes and still can't figure it out, but well done :D

I've been staring at this analogy for two minutes and still can't figure it out, but well done :D
The point I was trying to make was that the vaccine isn’t perfect, but it does a lot to help the immune system, which already fights off covid in most cases. And that the main priority, at least in my opinion, is avoiding deaths

I've got a fabulous selection of stately homo treats lined up for October - An Evening With Armistead Maupin, Joan Collins Is Unapologetic, 9 to 5 the musical 'starring' Louise Redknapp and Courtney Marie Andrews. Can't wait. I've been double jabbed so long I'll be more concerned it will have worn off by then, or that we'll be back in lockdown.

I wonder if I'm also less concerned because I've been double jabbed for over 4 months now. And possibly also because I've carried on going to work every day on buses throughout the pandemic anyway.

That said, theatres or a concert still feel like quite a different beast than going to a club.

I've got a fabulous selection of stately homo treats lined up for October - An Evening With Armistead Maupin, Joan Collins Is Unapologetic, 9 to 5 the musical 'starring' Louise Redknapp and Courtney Marie Andrews. Can't wait. I've been double jabbed so long I'll be more concerned it will have worn off by then, or that we'll be back in lockdown.

I wonder if I'm also less concerned because I've been double jabbed for over 4 months now. And possibly also because I've carried on going to work every day on buses throughout the pandemic anyway.

Do we know how long the vaccination immunity lasts? I know they are talking about a booster later in the year, but I have no clue if that is because it would have worn off by then or even if I would be eligible for a booster?

Do we know how long the vaccination immunity lasts? I know they are talking about a booster later in the year, but I have no clue if that is because it would have worn off by then or even if I would be eligible for a booster?
It's 'at least' 6 months, I believe.

I think they're only planning on boosters for over 50s and the medically vulnerable

What about the likes of @lolly that has been vaccinated for months? By the time Winter comes round then it may no longer be effective?
I assume that as I was entitled to the vaccine earlier in the first place alongside those groups because of my job, I'll be eligible alongside them again.

Do we think karaoke will come back in the next few months or will it be one of the very last things because of mic sharing and singing? :(

Do we think karaoke will come back in the next few months or will it be one of the very last things because of mic sharing and singing? :(

Surely Karaoke is never coming back with Covid around? People shouting and spitting in to a mic and then passing it on is never going to work in this climate.

Surely Karaoke is never coming back with Covid around? People shouting and spitting in to a mic and then passing it on is never going to work in this climate.
:(

It can't be much worse than a crowded club can it?

but yes I suppose not.

I went to an open mic thing recently and everyone got an individual microphone cover to keep it sanitary

It’s got to be a lot worse than a crowded club though just with handling the mic. Sanitisers and disinfectant wouldn’t work on electrical equipment.

What did the mic cover consist of?
Im not 100% sure since I was just in the audience but they looked like these:

1626729145969.jpeg

Last weekend at a festival I was in a packed tent and got very bad anxiety, bordering on a panic attack. I was high as fuck though.

• Care
Reactions: RJN
I went to a club last night that required proof of vaccination to enter and it felt so much safer than anywhere else I’ve been

Today is Scotland's "Freedom Day" except it isn't really and it's been pissing down.

It’s been two weeks since I went to a gig and then to Heaven which was absolutely rammed. I completely resigned to the fact that I would get it, but so far all my LFTs have been negative and no symptoms, so I’m quite incredulous that I managed to avoid it :D

I've been clubbing three times (including Heaven (awful)) - so far all lateral flows have been negative... Perhaps it's just not that prevalent in London anymore?

I fully confess to having a full body scrub at 4am after my first night out.

There ought to be some sort of GAY SHEEP DIP upon entering and leaving

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom