Freya Ridings - Castles

Good song, but I don't like her voice much at all.

I can forgive the vocals when the song's a banger. Although surely Dua could have scissored for this.

Her voice doesn't bother me on this like it did on the slow stuff.

Good on her for spinning off her drippy Love Island balladry into a much more worthy hit. Though I am sure she still has more drippy balladry in her.

Yeah I don’t hate the vocals on this one. Brilliant song, hopefully it proper takes off.

Huh. Well this is entirely unexpected. I hope she has more of this in her.

This gets advertised a lot on Spotify. It’s definitely got a hook. If it was the 90s there’d also be a killer remix on the loose.

Enunciation, please. "I'm gonna be...CASTLES...frubble-ubble-ubble-love". What?

(NB - this is decent)

my first thought was florence too, if a bit more restrained. i don't mind this on first listen. i like the sentiment and the fromtherubbleofyourlove bit and the plinky piano during the last chorus.

This is fantastic. It has been stuck in my head for days.

Scratch that, now up to #37. Great stuff.

#26 in actual singles chart too. Would be great to see this hit at least the top 20.

This gets advertised a lot on Spotify. It’s definitely got a hook. If it was the 90s there’d also be a killer remix on the loose.

Going by her past singles I am surprised they haven't already stuck out a remix - not that I would necessarily hold my breath on any such mix being killer.

The new track they are pushing on New Music Friday is back to boring form unfortunately.

Why are they pushing something now? Shouldn't they hold it back a month or so, or has this Love Island success got in the way of a wider campaign?

Why are they pushing something now? Shouldn't they hold it back a month or so, or has this Love Island success got in the way of a wider campaign?

The album is out this week so it makes sense she would have a song on NMF, but this song is on there as a single with its own cover too. Odd.

I suppose campaigns are very different now. I guess I just find it odd in as much as Castles is very much still building.

the ameraal forecast says: hit.

i reserve the right to hate it soon however.

I suppose campaigns are very different now. I guess I just find it odd in as much as Castles is very much still building.

I’d say it’s mainly for new music Friday with the album. Castles is really taking off and I’d say they are thrilled to have another hit so will push it for the next month or so at least.

I see they picked up on her shoddy enunciation.

The Guardian however, to borrow a phrase from a younger generation "don't know dick about shit".

I think this was mentioned in NMF but I’m surprised this isn’t getting more love, it’s got super hit written all over it. Anyway it doesn’t do anything new but it’s grown on me a lot

The single is taking off a bit now as I thought it might - up 35 places to 44 in the early midweeks, might be higher by tomorrow

Apparently she had signed cd singles this week? Can’t imagine she would shift many of those mind.

Its doing very well on Apple, but nothing on Spotify which is holding it back.

Strange re Spotify but she’s doing very well on airplay too

Well the 99p signed singles helped, boomed up to #31 this week to give her a third top 40 hit. Might give it a bit of potential to make some Spotify playlists and thus finally break the top 200 there?

album out, #5 in the mids

slightly embarrassing (or at least weird) given that she posted a very hysterical crying in public video at the weekend to say she'd been told by the label her album was set to miss the charts completely :D

her voice really does channel Florence in the most insane way on some tracks, ie. Bite Me. and at other times she's the vocal twin of Hannah from London Grammar.

I listened to the new album a few times and it’s not that strong. It’s not bad just a bit forgettable.

The album has grown a lot on me. Bite Me is the one I keep coming back to.

I suspect her voice would be too much for a whole album, but Spotify threw up the title track which is pretty good and very much in her does Florence mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom