Friday night DISCO listen (7pm)

:D

thank god I'm going to Eddie jail

I hear the guards there are BRUTES (when not losing their shit to Dance Floor Darling by Kylie Minogue, natch)

Magic is a new Kylie classic. I actually think it's her best single probably since Better Than Today. (DON'T @ ME EDDIE!)

What a confident, elegant groove it glides on. This song, at least, is sophisticated and playful in equal measure.

10 Magic

Reactions: dUb
I mean I don’t hate it but there is definitely something quite beige about it. Her vocal is way too controlled.

The album version is definitely better. The adlibs though are pretty poor,

I’m gonna stick to my rankings from the other thread apart from the bonus tracks I think.

My first turned up loud listen, after pretending to be working and checking CNN earlier.

I love Magic; not as much as Say Something, but not that far off.

I think part of the reason I love Magic so much is that her vocal is really great. No nasal nightmares here.

Miss a Thing is the most Fever song here to these ears. It's an extremely sugar-coated album, but this song has a bit more of a mellow groove to it despite being uptempo.

Should be the next song they push.

10 Magic
09 Miss a Thing

Reactions: COB
Also she was in tears singing this according to the Zane Lowe interview.

Real Groove is my first 10 on this album for reasons explained in the relevant thread.

I like the vocal on this, the lighter touch is great and I love the way she sings 'kiss me hard baby'.

It's so easy to imagine Dua singing Real Groove.

I think the production is pretty killer and quite rich but the chorus feels a bit throwaway contrasted with what the verses are building up to. It should be creamy and elegant but it crescendos into bouncy and fun. And her vocal is a bit irritating. Still a pretty strong third track...

10 Magic
09 Miss a Thing
08 Real Groove

The talk box effects at the end really really work. This is a total vibe.

I think it's no coincidence that the first 3 songs are NOT co-written/produced by Sky Adams and are so much better than what comes next...

I can kind of see what they're going for with Monday Blues, the chorus is kind of infectious, but it would better in somebody else's hands. It needs more brass instruments, more whimsy. As it is it's a bit WALL OF NOISE. and it is way too fast. it sounds sped-up x1.25. I'll be generous and give a 7 for now.

10 Magic
09 Miss a Thing
08 Real Groove
07 Monday Blues

Magic is a new Kylie classic. I actually think it's her best single probably since Better Than Today. (DON'T @ ME EDDIE!)

What a confident, elegant groove it glides on. This song, at least, is sophisticated and playful in equal measure.

10 Magic
Love Magic + this post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom