Frozen 2

Tell the guards to open up the GAAAAATES

• Total voters
Found this very disappointing. Really boring story and it's far too dependent on referencing moments from the first film to feel like its own entity.

Songs are good though, especially Show Yourself and Kristoff's number.

I enjoyed this

oops! I didn’t know I couldn’t talk about liking things in Moopy *ice door slam*
What was I thinking?

Not as good as the first one, I agree that it tried too much to reference the first one. More Easter parade than Easter eggs.

hate Olaf still, conscious that his comic relief was still not good, he was just a walking unstoppable exposition machine.

but the message was good for me at this point in my life, just like the first movie. Looked great, the songs were mostly strong (mostly)

wtf about that Michael Bolton knowing wink power ballad though, I wasn’t sure if I was watching Shrek or a hilarious advert for Ginsters Pasties or something

Anyway good stuff

Oh as Arendelle got a black guy, and he found a black woman to marry thank goodness. I presume Frozen was criticised for being too white and they tried to work it out, but that was the ending?

I liked it as well, but I found the plot a bit confusing? I had to leave twice during the movie due to coughing fits and thought I had missed a plot point or two, but when I asked my friends they were also struggling to retell the story. It looked spectacular and I enjoyed seeing the characters again though. I welled up a bit at the end, but that might have been the effects of a disastrous November...

I welled up a bit at the end, but that might have been the effects of a disastrous November...

:D preach! I am a little delicate these days, it doesn’t much to set me off these days, least of all gay liberation Elsa.

I guess the plot can be summarised as follows:
Elsa gets called to sort out the cursed forest by... herself? Her mother? Oh god :D
And Olaf learned how to read so he found out that water has a memory(..), a fact without which none of the future plot exposition could’ve happened

I do love "Into The Unknown" though. Idina belting her voice out gets me every time :disco:

Its a very Idina song, it’s hard to imagine it being written for anyone, it’s a weird chorus for a Disney song though, not as obviously catchy as Let it go anyway.

I actually liked the cover at the end, wondering if it was Adam Lambert, but Panic at the disco, I was surprised

They obviously wrote it with her in mind. They're very good song writers but I don't think they quite hit the mark with the score for this. Maybe the pressure was too much.

I think maybe they were just going for a different mark than I expected
I'm sure they wanted to replicate the original. It's a franchise in and of itself and also spawned a terrible musical (coming to London in 2020!) :D

Well @Diddy, I've seen this now and it was such a MESS of a story :D

"Into The Unknown" was such a cracking moment though. Idina must be my favourite musical theatre actress EVER bar DAME ELAINE HERSELF :disco:

:D That’s been viral on TikTok lately, most people don’t even know who it is I imagine

if anybody hasn’t seen it, there’s a making of documentary series on Disney+ that is really worth watching. It’s called Into The Unknown.

It’s surprisingly warts and all, and details a lot of the problems with the production. The appearances of the songwriting duo alone is worth it.

Part of it, hilariously, is that the co-director Jennifer Lee was too distracted after getting into a new relationship with Alfred Molina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom