Fruit and Vegetables

Why are fruits expensive in Japan, do they not produce any domestically?

yeah there’s not really much space for orchards, but you can get apples in the north, and strawberries and grapes are fairly commonplace (although expensive and huge).

lemons and Mikans (I guess it’s a satsuma?) are readily available, especially in west Japan

What are wine prices like in Japan? I remember paying £50 for a bottle of house in Hong Kong because it’s all imported.

Although Copenhagen also had similar prices for wine and they really have NO EXCUSE.

I’m not THAT fond of fresh mango. It’s alright, but I don’t get excited- bit too perfumey for me. Oddly, I have my annual attempt at loving it in my fridge as we speak, though...

So this thread inspired me to have it for breakfast and it was REALLY GOOD!

Mangoes are life! :disco:

Honestly though I don't think I've met a fruit or veg I've not liked. Everyone has favourites and all that but there's nothing better than a kitchen that is fully stocked with a variety of fruit and veg. :disco:

What are wine prices like in Japan? I remember paying £50 for a bottle of house in Hong Kong because it’s all imported.

no idea, I’m not a wine drinker! But I’m sure you can get some old piss from convenience stores regardless

no idea, I’m not a wine drinker! But I’m sure you can get some old piss from convenience stores regardless

HK really encouraged binge drinking as a good bottle of wine in a restaurant and a bottle of Whisky in a bar were both around £80 for some reason.

In further surprisingly coincidental veg news, Tesco had gooseberries today! So I bought some. And now I have no idea what to do with them.

In further surprisingly coincidental veg news, Tesco had gooseberries today! So I bought some. And now I have no idea what to do with them.

They go well with mackerel.

And you can pickle them.

Pink Lady are fine, but they just aren't APPLEY enough for me.

It's like someone saying MILD CHEDDAR is their favourite cheese.

Can we get some appreciation for banana on bread/toast :horny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom