funky does Kylie: "DISCO" (2020)

This is my big takeaway from the whole project. She really is a singles artist. So many great tracks over the years but she doesn’t seem to have one Ray Of Light or Like A Prayer, or even an Erotica - something that has a distinct mood that you can listen to from start to finish without any bumps or diversions.
Given that you have now heard a large part of her recorded output and have in many instances preferred album tracks over those released as singles, I'd agree with VOR when he says that your summation IS unfair. She might not have released a truly classic album (though many people would disagree) but she isn't defined by her single releases alone.

It’s just opinion at the end of the day. But an artist of 30+ years who has never amassed a classic top shelf album but has an abundance of great songs IS a singles artist to me.

It depends what 'singles act' means to you, I guess. In terms of her albums very rarely being consistent from start to finish, fair enough. But anyone thinking there isn't more to her than her singles is foolish.

But anyway, most 'album acts' have fucking boring albums to my ears, so I don't take 'singles act' as a slur in any shape or form.

I loved this performance actually. Sorry but I fail to see what's cringeworthy about it?
Me too! I expect it might have been a bit too GAY for Eddie :)

Also, there's nothing wrong with being a singles artist. I expect there'll be the usual temper tantrums and dishing out of curses across the internet airwaves in response to this but for my own tastes her albums have never been especially satisfying and I HAVE TRIED. Obviously there is the odd delicious gem to be found (Like A Drug, Kiss Me Once (which I fucking love), etc.) but that aside :eyes:

For what it's worth I am not particularly bothered by these labels either way - they aren't even really relevant in the age of streaming.

Oh and can we not have stupid talk about GUILTY PLEASURES in this of all threads. Such a revoltingly straight concept which generally translates as A BIT TOO GAY :zombie:
A guilty pleasure because MOST Kylie fans hate it isn't quite the same thing.

For many people Fever IS that album (though I'd disagree)
For me it's her most consistent album in terms of the overall quality of the tracks. It's also the first album by her that I couldn't spot all the tracks that would end up being released as singles. I personally wouldn't have picked 'In Your Eyes' over 'Love Affair', but that's just me.

By the by, I DO think Kylie still has a classic album in her. I love Disco but would say it fell short somewhat. Say Something has set a bar really high in terms of what she should be aiming for as a benchmark....which is impressive this late into her career.

By the by, I DO think Kylie still has a classic album in her. I love Disco but would say it fell short somewhat. Say Something has set a bar really high in terms of what she should be aiming for as a benchmark....which is impressive this late into her career.
Say Something is all manner of :disco: and beyond!

By the by, I DO think Kylie still has a classic album in her.

Unfortunately people also still say that about MO and that's NEVER happening :)

KMF7.gif

Apart from her remix albam of course :disco:

I mean Cher is a singles artist isn’t she. Doesn’t mean she’s not a legend.

I really like some of her albums but I don’t think she’s particularly known for them.

The K25 anniversary project also gave us the one-off single Timebomb, which I don't imagine will be a favourite of yours but here it is for completeness anyway:

TELL ME NOW! :disco:

Whoop!
You wanna wanna
Whoop
I wanna wanna!

"Drive."

389 / 10

And that's the only opinion and rate that matters.

Next!

Oh and can we not have stupid talk about GUILTY PLEASURES in this of all threads. Such a revoltingly straight concept which generally translates as A BIT TOO GAY :zombie:
THIS!

Used on Moopy it's basically a term for GAY SELF HATE.

Hang on, who was using it?

And for the record, KMO (with all the add-ons and judicious cuts required) is a very good album indeed. Christ, I've not even got to the scores yet - still wading through the subsequent debates about Cancel being the best rnb thrush since Mariah got crabs.

Blimey. I just don't know what to think about All The Lovers not maxing out funky's taste levels. It's Kylie rhapsody.

I've said it before, but the synth wigout in All The Lovers is like a fat cock to my g spot. Orgiastic bliss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom