funky does Kylie: "DISCO" (2020)

Yeah, I'm not keen on this album so don't have much reaction to the other scores to say whether they are inexplicable or inexplicably funky beyond Illusion being an exquisite ripple among the sadly stagnant padding elsewhere.

I like the Sakgra remix of A Second To Midnight (which was fabulous anyway - also applies to the video :disco:), although it's more Blue System than PWL tbh

FOR COMPARISON PURPOSES

Actually that's fantastic as well. Dieter UP! :disco:

Actually, I don't mind the more strident sparkle of Get Out of My Way. It's put me in the mood to put on Cher's Take It Like A Man instead though, or maybe it was just that homosexual gay men video that put me in mind of it.

Honestly with singles as rich and delicious as that, I don't need albums. I'd swap the following off-the-top-of-my-head singles for most ALBAMS in existence anyway

1. The One
2. Breathe
3. Better The Devil You Know
4. Say Something
5. Never Too Late

Honestly with singles as rich and delicious as that, I don't need albums. I'd swap the following off-the-top-of-my-head singles for most ALBAMS in existence anyway

1. The One
2. Breathe
3. Better The Devil You Know
4. Say Something
5. Never Too Late
But which one of them is the LEAST guilty pleasure CHOICE? :) :) :)

I would say probably 'Breathe' - it's the straight man's CUT out of those (not that gay single version though, heaven forbid).

I love how some people are just ignoring @Alias #23, @Ag and me and carrying on like this is some kind of football commentary thread.
Some might say it's actually DISGUSTING and OTHERING.
But I just find it amusing.

:D I hadn't even NOTICED :tongueout:
kylie-minogue.gif

The K25 anniversary project also gave us the one-off single Timebomb, which I don't imagine will be a favourite of yours but here it is for completeness anyway:

TELL ME NOW! :disco:

the video for this song is so fucking fantastique! it really is quite a slept on classic. didn't they fuck up the release dates and it was headed top 20 or something? I seem to remember un scandale about that

Singles act is harsh. I don’t think she’s ever delivered an all-time classic album either, but her career is littered with absolute gems that were left as album tracks or B-sides.
I'm with miss @VoR on this, Kylie is anything but a singles act. more than half of her albums are deserving of attention if you're a fan of Kylie Minogue in general. most of her work has offered something interesting, entertaining or both. maybe she doesn't have a record comparable on some levels to those Madonna albums mentioned, but really Kyle's approach to artistry is very different from Madonna's. she's a pop legend because she's consistently delivered, reinvented and above all she just gets pop music and is good at it.

Comparing Madonna and Kylie in 2022 is like comparing apples and oranges.
Up to, say, 2003-ish I would have said, yeah sure let's. But their careers have so significantly diverged since then that comparisons are pointless.
No one ever compares Blur to Oasis anymore outside of the context of those few years when they overlapped during Britpop, you know? It's the same principle.

As if people don't compare Madonna and Kylie :D

I mean LOLZ

it's not even a slight on either, they're pop artists with global appeal that started within 5 years of each and are still going. Of COURSE you can compare. It's not a competition, it's just a frame of reference.

I'm with miss @VoR on this, Kylie is anything but a singles act. more than half of her albums are deserving of attention if you're a fan of Kylie Minogue in general. most of her work has offered something interesting, entertaining or both. maybe she doesn't have a record comparable on some levels to those Madonna albums mentioned, but really Kyle's approach to artistry is very different from Madonna's. she's a pop legend because she's consistently delivered, reinvented and above all she just gets pop music and is good at it.
Agreed. Kylie's enduring success, but also her utter charm as an artist, is partly the way she has leaned in to what makes her so good. If there was a moment when she may have seemed 'above' it, with Impossible Princess, she corrected course when it didn't work, and even that now seems an appealing aberration.

As if people don't compare Madonna and Kylie :D

I mean LOLZ

it's not even a slight on either, they're pop artists with global appeal that started within 5 years of each and are still going. Of COURSE you can compare. It's not a competition, it's just a frame of reference.
I'm not saying people don't. I'm saying people shouldn't. Not in 2022. It's lazy and, well, reductive.

Also you need to react to the video for I Was Gonna Cancel because WTF (adore the song though).

I want a Funky Live Reacition to Off Wirth His Shirt please

I wonder whether it will make it into the all important Funkette Top Tenty

I mean a prized collaboration between Kylie and A.R Rahman and they come up with THAT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom