Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KindaCool

Footsteps are following me
So this album turned 1 a few days ago. How do we feel about it a year later? Especially in light of all the other great music from 2020.

Favorite track?
Least favorite track?
Where would you rank it alongside other 2020 albums?

Reactions: RJN
My favorite album of 2020. It basically got me through lockdown and being furloughed from work

my favorites are Levitating, Physical, Love Again

my least favorite is good in bed, but I still like it a lot

Her virtual concert was also a highlight

I agree. Good in Bed is rubbish. So is Boys will be Boys.

Break My Heart is the clear standout for me. It's the best pop song I've heard in at least a decade. Hallucinate, Levitate, Physical, Love Again. All 9-10/10

Finally a Future Nostalgia era Dua topic not started by me :eyes:

I love this album very much. I listened to it today after a little break and it sounded fabulous in the sun. obviously you should read my full review in the Jarkette 2020 Countdown thread, in which it placed #2 (it's a critical smash!).

but in any other year this is a #1 of the year kinda record - just magical at every turn, radiates joy and "artist finding their confidence" energy, and it especially benefits from being just 9 tracks long and ending on a high with Break My Heart. ?

I still refute any talk that she lacks charisma or whatever. her vocals on these songs are terrific across the board, she sells the shit out of it. I have royally abused this record and it hasn't lost an ounce of its charm. I'm actually having a STRUT to Pretty Please as we speak. trickle down my spine... :disco:

08 Future Nostalgia
10 Don't Start Now
08.5 Cool
11 Physical
10.5 Levitating
10 Pretty Please
10 Hallucinate
11 Love Again
09 Break My Heart

Love Again is the current single in France and I hope and pray for a global push with video because a song this rich deserves to be heard and loved. album is cruising so nicely in the US right now though so I guess she ain't DONE!

TL;DR - legendaric. ?

We're Good is smashing pretty hard in the US right now so there'll def be another single and apparently she's been pushing for Love Again since day one so FINGERS CROSSED.

Love Again IS the gay anthem of 2020.

Period GIF by MOODMAN

This and Chromatica personify lockdown for me - Chromatica probably moreso only because I was so familiar with Gaga and not so with Dua.

I was aware of Mwah! and had listened to the debut a few times but wasn't really interested in her as a popstar which changed instantly when I started coming on Moopy again and saw this being raved about.

I've taken it on many runs, the remix album and the live show both cemented into a real 'event' of 2020 and I love it for that. The 'Moonlight Edition' was a bit of a dud but I don't know her.

Favorite track? COOL
Least favorite track? PRETTY PLEASE
Where would you rank it alongside other 2020 albums? Fifth apparently but that seems rather low right now...

10 Future Nostalgia
09.5 Don't Start Now
11 Cool
09 Physical
10 Levitating
06 Pretty Please
10 Hallucinate
09 Love Again
09 Break My Heart
07 Good in Bed
08 Boys will be Boys

My reasonable, not at all hyperbolic ratings

9.5 Future Nostalgia
10 Don't Start Now
09 Cool
10 Physical
10 Levitating
09 Pretty Please
10 Hallucinate
11 Love Again
10 Break My Heart
08 Good in Bed
09 Boys will be Boys

10 Love Is Religion
10 Fever
08 We're Good
10 If It Ain't Me
07 That Kind of Woman

I feel like it's definitely overrated and gets too samey track #5 onward, but it's consistent. I'll give it that. It feels like her Fever - just not as good.

08 Future Nostalgia
09 Don't Start Now
10 Cool
07 Physical
07 Levitating
07 Pretty Please
06 Hallucinate
06 Love Again
08 Break My Heart
07 Good in Bed
07 Boys will be Boys

Users who are viewing this thread