FYRE: The Greatest Festival That Never Happened

VoR

Take it or leave it
New Netflix doc about the 'exclusive Island festival' that ended up collapsing into poorly organised chaos.

Fascinating but Jesus Christ what a pileup of some of the absolute worst people on the planet. The main guy is the obvious villain of the piece, but really it's hard to feel much sympathy for anyone involved - aside from that POOR Bahamian catering woman, anyway. :(

A collection of disgusting people who should all be set on fyre.

Apart from time the poor laborers who got scammed.

The most interesting character for me was the tragic older gay guy who was clearly in love with Billy. The bit about him being talked in to sucking dick for EVIAN :D

Just watched it. Little sympathy. A lot of laughter. Please pay $3000 in advance for your food account. Fucking morons.

If you enjoyed this, there's a new 3-part series on Netflix about the equally disastrous Woodstock '99, which really gives you an insight into the kind of people who used to listen to Limp Bizkit by choice.

OMG poor Jewel being sent out like a sacrificial lamb on the third day. :D

"You ARE going to get pelted. It happened to Sheryl Crow too, don't take it personally"

If you enjoyed this, there's a new 3-part series on Netflix about the equally disastrous Woodstock '99, which really gives you an insight into the kind of people who used to listen to Limp Bizkit by choice.

Watched this at the weekend. I remember it being reported at the time but had no idea the extent of the SHAMBLES it became with a literal inferno at the end.

I’d also like to refute the assertion that “Limp Bizkit were the biggest band in the world” in 1999 :manson:

Watched this at the weekend. I remember it being reported at the time but had no idea the extent of the SHAMBLES it became with a literal inferno at the end.

I’d also like to refute the assertion that “Limp Bizkit were the biggest band in the world” in 1999 :manson:

Didn't they have the biggest opening in the US for an album that year? Or the best selling of the year, or something. It was either them or The Backstreet Boys.

They were absolutely fucking huge for about five minutes.

Didn't they have the biggest opening in the US for an album that year? Or the best selling of the year, or something. It was either them or The Backstreet Boys.

They were absolutely fucking huge for about five minutes.
I don’t think I even heard of them until 2000 and then forgot about them almost instantly after that.

They were much bigger in America than here. Significant Other (their 1999 album) went 7x platinum, and Break Stuff and Nookie were both huge rock hits. I think they could definitely lay claim to being one of the biggest bands around at that time.

Over here we were largely spared them until their Mission Impossible song took off, followed by Rollin'.

Still, no way were they “the biggest band in the world” after their first album as they asserted in this documentary. If you’re talking international Rock acts, maybe Red Hot Chili Peppers. I don’t think the genre was all that universally massive at the time though, as they pointed out the whole straight white male frustration with Teen Pop and R&B being all over the TV, whereas we had stuff like Travis and Robbie Williams everywhere instead, and then Will Smith and Ricky Martin probably outdid them all.

Even Blink 182 could have claimed that, they were everywhere during 1999 plus radio actually played them and had a string of successful singles!

I can’t believe I’m defending Limp Bizkit, but Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish both sold considerably more copies than Enema of the State did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom