Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samwell Tarly

• Tormund Giantsbane

• Yara Greyjoy

• Total voters
I zoned out during that trailer, which bodes well for the episodes themselves.

I'm so ready for this

Cersei for the win :basil:

I downloaded all these but it seemed like too much of a chore to watch them all. I got as far as series 3 and did quite enjoy it, but I lost my rhythm after that. :(

Did you make it to the end of season 3? It’s worth going back if you haven’t

The last season seems so long ago but I'm sure I'll get back into it. The extended Cersei smirk is probably the best bit of the trailer.

Reactions: D5K
Considering if I should rewatch it from scratch or not

I started watching it from the beginning at the weekend

God I forgot how hateful some of the characters were in the early seasons [Hiya Sansa]

Squeeeee

I hope the night king wins.

me too. he's going to smash them :disco:

FirsthandHonorableHorseshoecrab-size_restricted.gif

I downloaded all these but it seemed like too much of a chore to watch them all. I got as far as series 3 and did quite enjoy it, but I lost my rhythm after that. :(

If you didn’t make it to episode 9 of season 3 then you haven’t really seen anything yet. I’ve just started a complete rewatch and I’m trying to mentally prepare for that episode already.

Reactions: SDF
I've just finished season 3, and even though i've seen it about 10 times by now i'm still SHOOK

She looks beautiful. But it kinda looks like a fart that's been set alight.

Queen Bran throwing all those shady looks. I lived.

Jon and Dany have about as much chemistry as two wooden planks. Same for Arya and Gendry.

Loved Theon’s hair.

Sansa should rule the seven kingdoms.

damn you fast girl. I still got 10 hours of work before I can divulge and then the servers will probably be overloaded :evil:

i couldn't sleep (after sleeping through most of the day) so watched this around 4 am.

here's a recap: a lot of the dregs are still alive, the north is still dull as fuck and the writing is as sloppy as last season. there is also some seriously terrible acting by danerys, sansa and bran. and to some extent jon.

that said house lannister is still delivering - my favourite two scenes were the cersei one and the jaime teaser at the end *.*

i couldn't sleep (after sleeping through most of the day) so watched this around 4 am.

here's a recap: a lot of the dregs are still alive, the north is still dull as fuck and the writing is as sloppy as last season. there is also some seriously terrible acting by danerys, sansa and bran. and to some extent jon.

that said house lannister is still delivering - my favourite two scenes were the cersei one and the jaime teaser at the end *.*

Haven't watched the new one yet but I feel the opposite. The north is interesting (except dull old Bran) and Kings Landing is full of dullards. But hey, we can have our own opinions :)

Not the most eventful first episode, but a nice bit of table-setting and I loved all the little reunions.

My favourite was Sansa and Tyrion. I'd forgotten how much shit had gone down since they last saw each other (and that they're still technically married). The callback to Joffrey's wedding was brilliant. "It had its moments :)"

Bran remains an insufferable plot device who I wish they'd just killed in Season One, but he's obviously crucial to GRRM's whole mythology thing even if it's by far the least interesting element of the show.

Do not care for Jon Snow and Dany's love story at all, though the dragon ride was silly fun. I'm intrigued that they're shading Dany as a bit of a potential villain rather than the ultimate white savior. I hope they continue to explore this, but given the time constrictions I'm concerned it's a bit late now. The whole "I must rule the seven kingdoms for it is my birthright and destiny" is increasingly tiresome. The obvious answer would be to grant the North independence with Jon/Sansa as the head of state in return for some kind of binding long-term alliance.

Euron Greyjoy really is a bit too extra for this show, for me. He's just full panto and feels really out of place. I hope Cersei's just stringing him along because if not, that whole "You're the most arrogant man I've ever met... I like that" was beyond cringe and utterly beneath her. I have faith she'll have chopped his smelly old sea dick off by episode 3 though.

She did get the absolute line of the night though. "I really wanted those elephants".

whole-mindedly agree. although I am Team Sansa and was living for the disdainful elevator eyes she gave Danny :D

poor Samwell even though it's quite unbelievable, he must've hated their guts. too good for this world I guess

Arya and the Hound reuniting was a tip-top moment, and I had forgotten that Varys was back so I let out a small shriek when he popped up. all in all I thought it was a rather weak premiere though. the best thing about it was definitely hearing the music in the intro again

it's a shame with Euron. in the books (well as much as we've experienced him, there's a certain someone who's left us hanging on...) you get the sense of an unreliable psycho but on the show we just get a smirking jester. I blame Pilou

It was a bit of a disappointing start all in all. Just a series of quick vignettes and one-liners.

I hope someone dies soon.

Reactions: dUb
Someone DID die. There was that kid who we've never really seen before.

I loved it. I managed to catch up to the end of season 4, then watched the catch up show. I LOVE the dragons so Daenerys must win.

That scene with Jon and Daenerys riding the dragons was so cringe

Please turn Daenerys in to the mad queen and have her dragons eat her please :disco:

That scene with Jon and Daenerys riding the dragons was so cringe

Please turn Daenerys in to the mad queen and have her dragons eat her please :disco:

Yeah I think I'm all about Daenerys going full mental and maybe Jaime stabbing her in the back in the throne room.

the setup is looking to pit dany vs jon.
let's hope they kill each other.

and how the f are they still gonna put Gendry in position for anything?

I'm going with Jon killing Dany by the end of the season, just from the scene between him and Sam... 'would she give it up?'... probably not. And if it gets out that Jon is the true heir, I can see them all turning against her.

But overall, it was a very unmemorable episode. It really was like multiple episodes of 'This Is Your Life' with everyone just seeing everyone they'd not seen for a few years. Almost every scene was 'hey... not seen you since Season 3, Episode 2. Great to see you!' or 'You threw me out of a window last time we chattedm, now I'm basically God so beat that mate'.

Actually, on reflection I don’t really care about her. As long as Jon Snow protects the dragons. :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom