Garbage - No Gods, No Masters (7th album)

Jark

User
7th album No Gods, No Masters out September (!) - first single The Men Who Rule the World out TOMORROW!

Expma6JXIAAht48

I really should give Strange Little Birds another go. I totally let it pass me by in 2016, but Not Your Kind of People was really good.

It's a bit like Jesus appearing on toast, but now it's a used tampon.

Always here for more Garbage though. Was listening to 13 X Forever the other day - I'm long overdue a revival.

A political Garbage record makes me think dark and noisy but I am very much looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Wasn't it meant to be a more electronic record at one point? That was a while ago I think.

I definitely didn't give Strange Little Birds as much attention as Not Your Kind of People, but it did offer up Even Though Our Love Is Doomed which was a better Garbage slow one than anything on the previous album.

I really liked Night Drive Loneliness and Even Though Our Love is Doomed.

No Horses, which came randomly a year after SLB (now mysteriously missing from Spotify) was also great. and Empty was a fantastic lead single :disco:

1507-1.jpg

1. The Men Who Rule the World
2. The Creeps
3. Uncomfortably Me
4. Wolves
5. Waiting for God
6. Godhead
7. Anonymous XXX
8. A Woman Destroyed
9. Flipping the Bird
10. No Gods No Masters
11. This City Will Kill You

Deluxe:
12. No Horses
13. Starman
14. Girls Talk (with Brody Dalle)
15. Because the Night (with Screaming Females)
16. On Fire
17. The Chemicals (with Brian Aubert)
18. Destroying Angels (feat. John Doe & Exene Cervenka)
19. Time Will Destroy Everything

the song titles are :disco: and it's actually out June 11th!

Those are some amazing song titles. This all looks very special :disco:

They’ve only had SIX albums in nearly 30 years??

Garbage are a strange one to me. I absolutely fucking love the debut album but haven’t cared for anything since. There’s nothing I actively hate, just doesn’t do anything for me...

It sounds like it will be an intense album from the song titles. And I love a good mop up of odds and ends so definitely the deluxe for me.

NOT EVEN PUSH IT? or The World Is Not Enough? :evil:

join the sync listen funks, you're bound to discover some stuff you like. I mean they didn't stray that far from the sound of the debut for a good while :D

I find it all VERY NOISY :D The bond song was very overproduced (I’m going by memory, haven’t heard it in years)

I like their trippy stuff, like Milk and Queer, but even Stupid Girl is quite trippy in a grungy way. And IOHWIR is noisy, but it’s such a roaring epic melody that I can forgive it.

I like but don’t love them, but ever since I heard Soldier Through This, it’s become one of my favorite songs

They’ve only had SIX albums in nearly 30 years??

Garbage are a strange one to me. I absolutely fucking love the debut album but haven’t cared for anything since. There’s nothing I actively hate, just doesn’t do anything for me...
But not Version2.0 which was more of the same but with added synth?

Both the first two albums are LIFE STAPLES.

Reactions: COB
"version 2.0" was the soundtrack to my puberty.

I'm not really excited about this album - Garbage are terrible at mastering their albums (Don't buy the "remasters"!!!) and apart from some singles like "even though our love is doomed" the last album was basically unlistenable thanks to the brickwalling of all their tracks. That said, "not your kind of people" was a return to form and is possibly their third-best album

I know the second album is very well regarded. My memory of that album was just being disappointed it wasn't as good as album 1, but maybe it was a grower. I don't remember hating it or anything. I remember finding a single to album 3 being utter tosh, and then I kinda gave up. I've always held them in good regard though, ever since the debut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom