Garbage - No Gods, No Masters (7th album)

Well I like the single and I can't wait to collect all the variants. Give me BeautifulGarbaaaaage vibes.

1. Only Happy When It Rains
  2. I Think I'm Paranoid
  3. Milk
  4. Stupid Girl
  5. Push It
  6. No Horses
  7. #1 Crush
  8. Special
  9. Queer
  10. Vow

Let's post our GARBAGE top 10s and rank the albums girls.
1. Version 2.0
2. Not Your Kind of People
3. Garbage
4. Bleed Like Me
5. beautifulgarbage
6. Strange Little Birds

Will revisit a top ten after @jivafox's Garbage evening (:basil:) but I suspect You Look So Fine, When I Grow Up, Androgyny, I Think I'm Paranoid, Milk, Cherry Lips, Push It, Shut Your Mouth, Automatic Systematic Habit and Big Bright World will all feature. (Oh look that's ten :bruised:)

1. PUSH IT
2. You Look So Fine
3. Milk [Siren Remix]
4. Only Happy When It Rains
5. It's All Over But The Crying
6. A Stroke Of Luck
7. Vow
8. Cup of Coffee
9. No Horses
10. Soldier Through This

1. Version 2.0
2. Garbage
3. BeautifulGarbage
4. Strange Little Birds
5. Bleed Like Me
6. Not Your Kind of People

1. Soldier Through This

2. You look So Fine
3. I Think I'm Paranoid
4. Only Happy When It Rains
5. Special
6. Push It
7. Stupid Girl
8. Milk

These are pretty much the only ones I remember (I listened to all the singles at one point, but can't remember them)

Oh this is pretty hard! Mine is probably something like this:
  1. Push It
  2. You Look So Fine
  3. Cup of Coffee
  4. Temptation Waits
  5. Vow
  6. Only Happy When It Rains
  7. As Heaven Is Wide
  8. Shut Your Mouth
  9. Metal Heart
  10. My Lover's Box
Slay me Shirl!
tumblr_ov0lioYuyd1rig4l8o4_r1_250.gifv

Despite not being that much of a fan, Only Happy When It Rains was one of the first songs I remember loving as a child (along with Kylie's Butterfly)

top 10 right off the top of my head

01. The World is Not Enough
02. Push It
03. Stupid Girl
04. Why Do You Love Me
05. Metal Heart
06. Bleed Like Me
07. Empty
08. Happy Home
09. I Think I'm Paranoid
10. No Horses

Bleed Like Me was my entry route into Garbage and remains a firm fave

Iā€™m not living for the song, but I am living for the lyrics :disco:

Despite not being that much of a fan, Only Happy When It Rains was one of the first songs I remember loving as a child (along with Kylie's Butterfly)
the omens were always there then

• Haha
Reactions: RJN
The new song is good. Definitely a lot going on, it is loud as noted but there's a funk and a strut to the verses and multiple hooks all over the place. I do wonder if it is thirty seconds too long, but in the middle somewhere as the layering with it all going off at the end is the best bit.

Well, it's not shit the cornflakes amazing, but after around 3:30 it does get going good. I think they could have went much harder with it. 6/10

Just fyi Garbage ARE touring with Blondie in the U.K. later this year :disco:

Blondie Against The Odds 2021 UK Tour:

Nov 06 M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
Nov 08 Utilita Arena, Birmingham
Nov 09 AO Arena, Manchester
Nov 11 Bonus Arena, Hull
Nov 12 Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
Nov 14 The Brighton Centre, Brighton
Nov 16 Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
Nov 18 The O2 Arena, London
Nov 20 The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
Nov 21 First Direct Arena, Leeds

I had the video open in two tabs for the premiere and didn't realise and I thought "wow, their mastering has REALLY gone to shit!" :D

On a more successful second listen I really like it. Especially the "where the wind blows" bits.

this is great. not sure the chorus quite sustains the feel good energy of the verses but it's a bit of a banger, very Garbage and somehow slightly new too.

Ooh yes I prefer it to the song about the squids, albeit it's very cohesive (as Garbage are always reliable at being). ALBAM NOW PLS.

I know it's 3 years old, the interviewer is terrible and it's 80 minutes but this indepth interview with Shirl is fabulous. What a smart, articulate, woman she is.

can't wait. I've been spinning the shit of No Gods No Masters - their last two albums had several great tracks between them, but god it's good to hear a PROPERLY MASTERED Garbage song again with everything sounding crisp and sharp. listening to something like Empty afterwards and the contrast is insane. this is their best song in years.

on first play I like it a lot. but the title track is still king for now.

Wolves is another strong song.

According to the 4 star Mojo review This City Will Kill You is 'woozily trip-hop' and Waiting For God the closest they've come to a power ballad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom