General Election 2019

Who are you planning to vote for?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change UK (Independent Group For Change)

• Democratic Union Party (DUP)

• Green Party

• Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• Sinn Féin

• UK Independence Party (UKIP)

• Total voters
I’ve been contacted 9 times so far today by Labour asking if I can help get voters out. Say what you want about Momentum but they know how to mobilise. I just hope it works.

I hate that Twitter is blocked at work...

Some serious queues going on, according to the wider media.

At least the nation's loss tonight will be POTW's gain next week.

I am going to make mine when I pick Diarmuid up from school. Labour would be a wasted vote here so SNP it is.

My seat was 60.7% Labour last time. I think I'll go straight home instead of voting.

Are you in a Labour safe seat?

No, more a marginal, 6% between my Labour boy and this smug Tory fuck

0_brady.jpg[img]

I spoke to my Labour MP a few weeks ago and he said they had lost support in traditionally safe areas but were gaining support in my area which I assume is pro tory because $$$

The house across from me is probably worth close to £1m, its fucking HUGE. They have a VOTE LABOUR poster up (as do we) - so I think it'll be a funny turnout.

Just looked why #youthquake was trending on Twitter and apparently the kids (sigh) are turning out in droves to vote. Pictures showing queues of under 30s at polling stations. What glory it would be if the youth vote changed things. It is their future after all.

Betting odds are coming in for No Overall Majority

Someone out there obviously BELIEVES

wouldn't it be simply wonderful if it turns out polls have gone from underestimating people's vote for idiots (and know it deep down so are ashamed to admit it to pollsters) to underestimating that young people are starting to give a fuck.

btw i wouldn't put pollsters above manipulation oh at all. they've been doing it for years here.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I can't bear to get optimistic only for a crushing disappointment come 10pm.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I can't bear to get optimistic only for a crushing disappointment come 10pm.

i read somewhere a few months ago that while "smart" people don't buy fake news their manipulation works on them too by making them disillusioned, pessimistic and ultimately leading them to abandon the democratic process.

no, we shall prevail! believe.

though modern society going back to jungle law might be a fascinating watch (if you can avoid partaking yourself).

Last edited:
omg the YouthQuake hashtag on Twitter almost made me unexpectedly cry/emotional. I actually don’t want to look at it, as I can’t handle the thought of having a glimmer of hope being crushed.

I’ve already resigned myself that we will wake up to a Conservative majority.

Pompey’s (arguably) most popular current footballer has just said he’s voting Labour and thinks our MP is top notch, which has excited me lots.

He’s also got a degree and is a vegan so I guess it’s not a MASSIVE shocker...

In other news, I went to a client meeting this morning and it finished early. I was so entrenched in looking at GE stuff I even had a glance during the meeting and missed something rather important.

So I’ve decided I’m more harm than good to work today and have gone cottaging instead, where I can keep my eye on things in between cocks :disco:

I'm really worried that the post-work vote from olders will push the Tories ahead.

JUST CLOSE IT NOW.

I'm really worried that the post-work vote from olders will push the Tories ahead.

JUST CLOSE IT NOW.

Dunno about your neck of the woods but the weather here is fucking dogshit. If I was a miserable old gammony cunt I'd be driving straight home to eat my egg and chips without voting.

Not to be the voice of DOOM AND GLOOM (perish the thought!) but there's also the winter factor which may be why so many people voted early rather than after dark.

JUST CLOSE IT NOW.

I’d say there are plenty of Labour voters going after work too. The age of the average Tory voter has slunk up ever closer to retirement age with every year.

By the end of the last election campaign, the average age of those saying they intended to vote Conservative was 47.

Reactions: VoR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom