General Election 2019

Who are you planning to vote for?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change UK (Independent Group For Change)

• Democratic Union Party (DUP)

• Green Party

• Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• Sinn Féin

• UK Independence Party (UKIP)

• Total voters
There was polling the other day indicating Swinson's seat was very close as well, wasn't there? Imagine if Jezza was the only main party leader to keep their seat :o

Could a PM operate from outside of Parliament. Surely they'd just pay off a safe Tory to resign and get him back in asap. I really don't know how a non MP could be PM constitutionally.

Could a PM operate from outside of Parliament. Surely they'd just pay off a safe Tory to resign and get him back in asap. I really don't know how a non MP could be PM constitutionally.

He can't - he'd have to resign.

If Boris loses his seat, the only way he could still be a PM is to make himself Lord(?) and operate from the House of Lords? (I read all of this in Swedish the other day, so I might be using wrong vocabulary).

Everyone just needs to calm down. This speculation is before the polls have even closed.

Apparently there’s no law that requires it but it is established tradition. Apparently he would most likely offer a senior Tory in a safe seat a peerage in return for standing down and call a by election.

I wish this would hurry up and START. I know the polls are still open, burn STILL.

Is it just me or do these queues look a lot less #YouthQuake than the morning ones? :side-eye:

On a scale of "The Laughing Gnome" to "Lazarus", I'm about "Aladdin Sane" right now. And it's 2 hours until the exit polls.

If Boris is in trouble in Uxbridge, that would indicate Labour is probably doing about 5% better there than what the YouGov prediction is saying. Probably will still keep his seat, but could mean one or two London seats falling to the opposition than YouGov is suggesting.

If Boris is in trouble in Uxbridge, that would indicate Labour is probably doing about 5% better there than what the YouGov prediction is saying. Probably will still keep his seat, but could mean one or two London seats falling to the opposition than YouGov is suggesting.
I don't think a seat like that would necessarily signify national trends.

I reckon we can start the results topic now. This Uxbridge speculation segues in nicely.

Surely local campaigning would have centered around the fact that BJ doesn't actually live in the constituency and how downright arrogant it is to parachute in and go "what ho, plebs! Dutifully vote for your glorious leader, you useless scum".

Johnson now spotted campaigning in his constituency

Maybe there's something in those rumours

What's your constituency?
Bury South.
Ivan Lewis was Labour, went independent and the urged people to vote Tory. Was always safe labour but with a large Jewish population...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom