This is what I think about George W. Bush in 2021

• An acceptable figure in political terms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On balance I have no issue with George W. Bush

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jark

User
somewhat controversially, former President and non-convicted war criminal George W. Bush, who has surprisingly high approval ratings for a former Pres and whose "friendship" with the Obamas and Bill (and, uhh, Ellen?) has softened his image in recent years, is going on a media promo blitz for his new book including a stop on Jimmy Kimmel.

the book is called Out of Many, One and is a collection of 43 portraits of immigrants in America with art and stories both by Dubya himself.

I would really like to know what people make of this in 2021. is 13 years enough breathing space to forgive him for the Iraqi war among other things? is he now a respected "elder Statesman" who should be free to promote his book?

please tell me in the poll.

Real Housewives No GIF

obviously the second poll choice should state an acceptable figure

I never got the impression he was particularly unpopular with Americans. At least, the backlash to the Iraq war seemed to be swamped by the backlash to the backlash, and the surge of jingoism that it inspired, and then he won another election.

Obviously I think he and Tonty should be condemned to HELL.

I am fine with him doing a media tour but his media tour is also tasteless. I mean i'd be fine with him being sent to Guantanamo Bay, but he hasn't and therefore is free to do his own nonsense.

I also don't have a problem with him doing a media tour - it is a free country and former Presidents are allowed (and expected) to write/promote books. unlike Tony, at least he's not giving too many opinions on politics these days.

but still it feels quite shocking how rapidly his image has been rehabbed and he's now seen as some kind of guardian of reasonable political discourse even by liberals.

I also don't have a problem with him doing a media tour - it is a free country and former Presidents are allowed (and expected) to write/promote books. unlike Tony, at least he's not giving too many opinions on politics these days.

but still it feels quite shocking how rapidly his image has been rehabbed and he's now seen as some kind of guardian of reasonable political discourse even by liberals.
That’s only because he’s a republican and they’re expected to be pure evil (which he is) the whole time. Also compared to Trump.

I can't comment on the book until I've read it. But I won't be reading it.

Well he was a war criminal who was reelected on a platform of opposing gay marriage. So no, his image shouldn't be rehabilitated. Trump becoming president was the best thing that ever happened to his image though.

Democrats love to talk about how they wouldn't be so mad about a president like Bush or Romney, but they are nearly as bad as Trump, just more presentable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom