Votes: 2 7.1%

Votes: 1 3.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
With a voice that makes me grateful for the fast tempo and fast-forward button, Geru's inspirational ego rant works well as she's so invested in what probably she felt was her stab at becoming the biggest female solo star that ever lived (practices finger tear for when she meets Madonna backstage at the Grammys). Am I to conclude that I'm once again seduced by this power-tooled, ego-fueled, bulimia-purged pop product? Hell yes. The b-side should have been 60 minutes of applause-plause.

I remember when this premiered on Radio 1 I was QUITE disappointed as it was so different to what I was expecting, but I knew it had SOMETHING, and very soon I grew to love it. The video is iconic and it deserved the number 1 she so DESPERATELY craved but was alas denied. I still really like it today.

I'm sure it was something like Boyzone or Westlife

I will investigate

SlushyPotableDorado-max-1mb.gif

Love it, a great statement record and video (though I think they both need each other), and a real moment in time.

kept at #1 by Boyzone’s worst #1 is a shame

1999 was such a year

It's kinda shit, yet stunningly amazing to boot.

It was responsible for me finding Dotmusic, as they had an mp3 of it available before it was released. At that point I didn't know what an mp3 or a forum was.

oh I remember now! There WAS a "CD2" if you could call it that though it was exactly the same tracklist as the regular one except it came in a cardboard sleeve and 4 postcards inside.

I spend a fortnight listening to the first GERU album on CONTANT REPEAT as it came out the week I went on the CHESTER SCENESTERS DECAMP TO GRAN CANARIA expedition

I've never wanted to listen to it or go there again :D

I still have nightmares about Gran Canaria

I'd got over the Geru ones, but perhaps her Drag Race appearance may seem them flare up again

I spend a fortnight listening to the first GERU album on CONTANT REPEAT as it came out the week I went on the CHESTER SCENESTERS DECAMP TO GRAN CANARIA expedition

I've never wanted to listen to it or go there again :D
I REMAIN disturbed at how WELL I know that album. Even BACK THEN I knew it was shite and yet I kept listening to it as well :confused:

If a BOY loves a GIRL
Then a BOY loves a GIRL
What Can you DO?
(What CAN you DO ?)
If a BOY loves a BOY
Then a BOY loves a BOY
There's nothing more to SAY
But I LOVE YOU
(But I LOVE YOU)

So let me LOVE YOU

KILL ME PLEASE

hahahahahahahahahaahahhaa
it's important to learn to laugh at ourselves
Don't take life too seriously!
jewknowhattamean???

I do remember listening to Walk Away a lot and was convinced it would have been a much much better single than Lift Me Up

Even on that TINNY VIDEO her VOCAL TALANT manages to SHINE THROUGH

I think this is properly brilliant. It was a fabulous introduction to Geru, and is my second favourite song of hers after Angles in Chainz x

Obviously, I pretended this wasn’t a 13/10 at the time because I was mad at her for breaking up the Spice Girls. But what a track to start your solo career! :disco:

Lift Me Up with its terrifying vocals was always second single material but I think it's really rather enjoyable.

Launching with Mi Chico Latino would have kick started her solo career into the stratosphere.
Mi Chico Latino is infinitely stronger, but really nothing could have launched Geru into the world BUT Look at Me. Just the title alone screams "I'M HERE WORLD"

The song and video are iconic, as was her coming out as BLONDE.

Mi Chico Latino is infinitely stronger, but really nothing could have launched Geru into the world BUT Look at Me. Just the title alone screams "I'M HERE WORLD"

I get all of that but it really should have come packaged in a stronger song.

Not that it made much difference commercially, I just think it would have helped her reputationally.

I know right? Launching with anything other than LAM would have been ridiculous!

It's not so much a single as a statement of intent. If it wasn't going to be her launch, there would be little point recording it at all.

If LAM was to be single #3 it would need to have been retitled as Better Than Boring Bunton whether the lyrics fit the melody or not (which never stopped her singing anyway).

I gave it 0 because there wasn't an option to give it a - score! Utter utter rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom