German schlager

PopLife

Schlagerfjolla
As there is a thread for queen Helene in the pop section, I think German schlager deserves a thread of its own as yah, Germany is the new Sweden. Some goodies I've discovered in the last couple of years.

He's from DSDS/German Idol. Still hasn't come out, for some reason.

Two out of 5 Satz members in one - a girl named Vanessa, looking like Una and releasing this earlier on.

Then there come Feuerherz. I can't tell which one is a queen though.

Francine Jordi, who represented Switzerland in ESC in 2002, is now doing some early 2000s MF realness.

Then there's Michelle, who represented Germany in ESC in 2001 now doing bops like this one:

That's it for now. But more to come. Please be nice.

Last edited:
:disco::disco::disco:

Oh BRAVO!

I do rather love poor dear sad old Michelle and her terrible life: all constant nervous breakdowns and disastrous relationships and that 'Goodbye Michelle' album which was apparently meant to be a farewell, until she remembered that she wasn't actually good at ANYTHING ELSE. This is one of my favourites (and that one you posted is marvellous): noch EINEN MARTINI, bitte :disco:

And of course we can't have a German Schlager thread without OLD DETHRONED HERSELF. I must find that picture of her looking bitter and full of hate after Helene won the Echo Award or whatever it was. I do hope she's still with Dieter Bohlen as I'd quite like another album which sounds exactly the same as 'Atlantis', please

CLAP ALONG NOW :disco:

MORE PLEASE

Last edited by a moderator:
Deal.

This has been on the loop on my Spotify since like, ever! Asked Peter Boström if he was involved in the remix, turns out he wasn't. But w/e, a bop is a bop! :disco:

FANTASTISCH :disco:

And - OMG - that's her from the KELLY FAMILY!

Atemlos Durch die nacht needs to be here but can't be arsed to post the link :disco:

There is a thread already, but anyway can re-post it here. Also, this is fabulous. Ireen Sheer did ESC back in the 70s. Imagine this in Swedish by Siw Malmkvist.

And Helene's Farbenspiel album is #6 on the chart, after 2 years. Talk about domination.

Last edited:
Atemlos Durch die nacht needs to be here but can't be arsed to post the link :disco:

I was in Poland last weekend and getting annoyed at the wedding reception happening on the other side of the paper-thin walls from my bedroom. Then suddenly something seemed familiar, and I realised that the whole room of people was shouting along to Atemlos (the "oh-oh, oh-oh" bits in the verses are really perfect for that). And for that three minutes I didn't resent them quite as much.

Over here this kind of music is only played by the mentally challenged. Just look at the audience behind the presenter in that Ireen Sheer video. Utterly hilarious that you honestly like this kind of music. :D

Last edited:
Over here this kind of music is only played by the mentally challenged. Just look at the audience behind the presenter in that Ireen Sheer video. Utterly hilarious that you honestly like this kind of music. :D
Where IS over here?

Germans often look like UTTER SPASTICS to be fair. I always assumed SHIT HAIR was a leftover legal requirement from a darker era.

There is nothing spastic about Atemlos durch die Nacht

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/haECT-SerHk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is nothing spastic about Atemlos durch die Nacht

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/haECT-SerHk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I already fucking love this.

didn't you move here? do you have the same passion for Dansktop/Giro 413? because THAT's bad!

The schlager revival in Germany has been pretty damn weird. It mainly hinges on Fischer, who's bigger than Jesus over here or something but it seems to have become a socially accepted genre again (well, almost anyways).

The schlager revival in Germany has been pretty damn weird. It mainly hinges on Fischer, who's bigger than Jesus over here or something but it seems to have become a socially accepted genre again (well, almost anyways).

Hinterseer has been all the rage here for the last 100 years it seems

didn't you move here? do you have the same passion for Dansktop/Giro 413? because THAT's bad!

1) Yes, I'm former katySWE. :)

2) Soon, soon. Planning on moving to Sweden by the time ESC comes.

3) Nah. Although I do like Birthe and Kirsten's ESC/DMGP back catalogue.

One more:

Beatrice Egli (from Switzerland) won German Idol in 2013, the first schlager singer to do so. She appeared as some sort of novelty act at the beginning, but quickly let everyone know she means business - and won. Landslided every live show (bar one) and won the final with 71/29 split. One of the few DSDS winners with actual functioning career atm.

That Beatrice video! Where did they find the people to dance to that? They obviously had no idea what they were dancing along to!

That Beatrice video! Where did they find the people to dance to that? They obviously had no idea what they were dancing along to!

Could be they flew them from Germany though.

Oh talking about DSDS (Idol), these are the new judges:

12068780_10153647980253221_3027426835831870695_o.jpg

H.P. Baxxter (from Scooter), Vanessa, Michelle and Dieter Bohlen. They're aiming it for the schlager/dance audience, seems so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom