Gerry Marsden DEAD

Madíson

Everything goes up by six
Pronouns
He/Him
Of The Pacemakers fame.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/gerry-pacemakers-star-gerry-marsden-19556487

Gerry and the Pacemakers star Gerry Marsden dies after short illness

Merseybeat legend has died aged 78

The singer, who was born in Toxteth, was best known for the hit song You'll Never Walk Alone, The world famous pre-match anthem of Liverpool FC.

Gerry shot to fame as the leader of Merseybeat band Gerry and the Pacemakers, whose legendary hits also included Ferry Across the Mersey.

Pete Price broke the sad news on social media on Sunday, with a loving tribute to his friend.

He wrote: "It’s with a very heavy heart after speaking to the family that I have to tell you the Legendary Gerry Marsden MBE after a short illness which was an infection in his heart has sadly passed away.

"Sending all the love in the world to Pauline and his family. You’ll Never Walk Alone."

I much prefer I Like It and How Do You Do It? to the big two they are remembered for.

Awww, my dad was a fan. In fact, the time he saw The Beatles, he really went to see Gerry & The Pacemakers who were second on the bill! Shame, I must remember to sympathise with him as he did with me when Mark E Smith went.

(we were both Scott Walker fans but of different eras)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom