• Total voters

Rowan Tree šŸŒ³

maybe this time i'll win :)
Girl_1997.jpg

VS

Dannii_Minogue_-_Neon_Nights.png

Which do you like more? :disco:

This poll is surely going to be a slam dunk to Neon Nights

Both really really good but Neon Nights is one of the best electropop-dance fusions of all time. The original Girl release felt a little unfinished hence having a dub on there, it was almost like ā€œoh sheā€™s had a big hit quick get this outā€. The deluxe edition of Girl really elevated it though.

The Girl remixes were in a league of their own, some really great stuff.

Girl has maybe three 10/10 tracks in Disrememberance, All I Wanna Do and Coconut ( :D ) whereas Neon Nights has FAR FAR MORE :disco:

The Xenomania edit of Everything I Wanted should have been the single version as it fit right in with the sound the clubs were playing at the time, though I do like the album version too. ā€˜Someone Newā€™ shouldā€™ve been on the main album but they ran out of time.

Hands and face down, Girl by far. She had the bops and the baps to take on Kylie, Gina and I'm almost certain she knocked out Michelle Gayle.

The outtakes are essential on both, but after I've curated my ideal setlist from both Girl is simply resplendent.

The Xenomania edit of Everything I Wanted should have been the single version as it fit right in with the sound the clubs were playing at the time, though I do like the album version too. ā€˜Someone Newā€™ shouldā€™ve been on the main album but they ran out of time.

Really? I assumed she thought she was better than how cheesy it was. I'd love for the video they shot to flog the project to record labels to surface.

I have such love for Girl, but yes it could have been even stronger had they been able to add various other songs to the tracklist - Someone New is of course the obvious one.

I still feel a sense of unfinished business with Neon Nights. It really feels like it has about 3 singles left on it AT LEAST! Creep and Push in particular feel WASTED to this day!

Push is possibly the coolest thing Dannii ever recorded due to the immaculate use of THAT SAMPLE! :disco:

If it had dolloped Come & Get It (frequently my favourite Dannii eruption), I'd probably be too drunk on club disco to even consider Girl :D

Really? I assumed she thought she was better than how cheesy it was. I'd love for the video they shot to flog the project to record labels to surface.
Yeah they had a long unedited version done but couldnā€™t get it finished in time for the album release. She said this around the Unleashed Tour time.

I don't suppose you have her live recording of Rhythm of the Night that she did on the Girl tour? I used to have it but it's long gone now. I'm sure it was a Trouser Enthusiast production too.

Come & Get It is one of her crowning glories. So annoyed with the stuff she wasted around that album.

Neon Nights really was packed with great tracks. You can tell itā€™s a good record when some of the album tracks got performed when on tv shows on the promo tour. She did Mystified on a show here.

I donā€™t have her take on Rhythm of the Night Iā€™m afraid. It was 1998, all I had in my pockets were wallet, keys, ciggies (at the time) and a bottle of vodka.

Last edited:
No contest - Neon Nights is in a different league.

I can see she played some live dates but really she should have done a proper UK & Australia tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom