Girls5eva (Tina Fey-adjacent girl group comedy series)

I'm not sure where Peacock series go in terms of UK/Irl distribution. There's still no sign of the Saved By The Bell reboot being available here :bruised:

As an aside things are going to get interesting when Peacock comes to U.K.

All the universal / dreamworks / NBC key titles pulled from Netflix and Prime, and who owns Peacock? Same people who own Sky. Likely to be a Sky add-on exclusive.

(meanwhile Sky will lose all the HBO and Warner titles when HBO Max launches, which is likely not for another 3 years.)

• Wow
Reactions: dUb
Yeah, Sky have the Sky Comedy channel which shows a lot of SNL and 30 Rock so it’ll likely be coming there if it gets a UK distribution.

Oh what a cast! :disco:

Not sure I recognised them! I got Busy Phillips, the older lady from SNL (who seems like 20 years older than the others)
And is that Sara Bareilles?!

trailer was a bit confusing, are there 5 or 4 of them?!

Not sure I recognised them! I got Busy Phillips, the older lady from SNL (who seems like 20 years older than the others)
And is that Sara Bareilles?!

Yes, Sara Bareilles and Renee Elise Goldsberry (from Hamilton, The Good Wife, Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist...)

I'm assuming there were 5 of them and now there's 4, but I didn't get that from the trailer, just extrapolating from the true life case of 5ive.

The 5th member (Ashley Park from the Broadway production of Mean Girls) is listed as recurring so I'm guessing there's a storyline of her not doing the reunion and she'll be popping up here and there

is the older one being extremely ridiculously "older" a nod to Mrs. Geru?

I read that the 5th member might die before the reunion, though in a "funny" Tongue in cheek fashion

I hope there'll be more jokes in the show than in the trailer cos that looks garbage :D

Reactions: GNL
The reviews have been really good! :o

All episodes out tomorrow.

This is also possibly the first time I've seen in-studio guests with an audience on a show like this since before the pandemic :disco:

Last edited:
This sounds interesting but I just don't know if I can justify yet another streaming service

The cheek of them still showing ads even when you've subscribed! :kim:

i didn't manage all the episodes but it had its moments mostly delivered by renée elise goldsberry (and the character she plays).

I just watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them, especially the second one. The songs were pretty great as well.

I really like Busy Philipps in general (in Freaks and Geeks and Cougar Town) and I've been listening to her podcast lately. Her character can be a little broad, and it is all a little Tina Fey knockock-ish, but really funny.

Sara Bareilles is PURE GOLD in this. Who knew?

Is the "old" one an ironic stab at Geru Halliwell/The fat one from 'Nsync?

I pray Gal Garot never hears what you did with her song Imagine.

God I love this show so glad has been recommisioned

Series 2 is on now tv :disco:
Loved episode 1

Peacock didn’t want it so Netflix took it for a 3rd season (which means I’ll be finally able to watch the first 2 seasons when they add them).

Peacock didn’t want it so Netflix took it for a 3rd season (which means I’ll be finally able to watch the first 2 seasons when they add them).

They've made a Latinx version of this minus the laughs and the wit, it seems they went for a drama approach 🥴

This is weird that it just got bumped now- I binged the first series this afternoon and loved it. Absolutely died at “it was such a shame our flop second album was released on September 10th” before cutting to “Quit Flying Planes At My Heart” with them all dressed as air hostesses :D

I saw this pop up on Netflix a few days back and wondered where it had come from that it was already two seasons in and I'd never noticed it there before. I should have thought to look here.

Think I may give it a go shortly when I'm in the bath.

This is weird that it just got bumped now- I binged the first series this afternoon and loved it. Absolutely died at “it was such a shame our flop second album was released on September 10th” before cutting to “Quit Flying Planes At My Heart” with them all dressed as air hostesses :D
Yes, that was absolute gold.

Oh yeah I binged the first season last weekend. Very funny.

The Sara Bareilles character is just Tina Fey.

I hope they add the second season soon.

"And there's a small clause where your body could be used in a show called 'Corpse Wars,' but it's highly unlikely" had me in stitches :D

I tried a few episodes of this when it was on Peacock/Sky previously and I liked it but not as much as I expected.

Paula Pell grated on me a bit, she seems to be the same in everything I have seen her in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom