Glass

Did this film make you want to split?

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
I wasn't much of a fan of Split in the first place, but this was a total mess.

The ENTIRE movie is terribly written exposition. I needed a toilet break from about 15 minutes in but couldn't find a convenient moment to go because the characters just. keep. explaining. things. With NOTHING actually happening at any point. It was bizarre and infuriating.

I still couldn't begin to tell you what the point of it all was. James McAvoy repeating his bag of tricks from Split is probably the highlight, but really nothing new. Bruce Willis utterly phoning it in, again, and his character barely even matters after the first ten minutes.

Sarah Paulson apparently decided to stretch her Drew Barrymore party trick into an entire movie performance, which was highly distracting.

Just the worst kind of M Night Shyamalan self indulgent waffling, with really amateurish direction in places (He's done how many movies now? Yet he still has no idea how to stage a fight scene) and there isn't even an LOL-worthy reveal at the end, really. The twist, such as it is, was somehow both entirely obvious and so vague and stupid as to barely register. Dreadful.

Such a muddled movie, he’s so enamored with twists but this is one is just stupid (they all meet at this restaurant, what if someone else comes in?).

Also I really don’t need comics explained to me in 2019. No one thinks comics are dumb, the highest grossing movies are super hero movies. This is not 1998.

The most interesting thing was the guy playing Bruce Willis’ son who had very black eyes which I found very attractive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom