Godzilla vs. Kong

Who do you want to WIN?

• Total voters

COB

The ⭐ 👹
Giant lizard and giant ape hit each other:

I think this looks like QUITE the fun spectacle, but why is the trailer presenting Godzilla as the bad guy? I shan't believe it :( Out in May "in 'theaters' and HBO Max", so fuck knows what that means for anywhere that isn't the USA.

Last edited:
Rebecca Hall saying "IT'S GODZILLA" and "Kong bows TO NOONE" with a deadly straight face is sending me.

this will clearly be crap but I'll try to watch just because Kong: Skull Island was so brilliant that I saw it three times. :disco:

I’m aghast at all these serious names willing to lend themselves to these Godzilla and Kong films. Juliette Binoche!!!!!! and now Rebecca Hall?

Oh lord :D isn’t this a collaboration film with Japan, like the previous Godzilla ones? It’s certainly a very American trailer :D

*kong slamdunks a laser beam on Godzilla while hiphop soundtrack plays*

but Godzilla was sort of good in the last movie, I’m sure they’ll make it up somehow, like Batman & Superman

Actually WAS the last one a US/Japan collab?

I just remember it having loads of monsters and special effects, but somehow mostly being about one white family’s emotional problems.

I really hate that actor too, the twat husband from Carol

These are all American movies. They wanted to do more but I think each one did worse than the one before that they’re wrapping it up with a rather b-list cast.

Not strictly related to this, but tonight I'm watching QUEEN KONG starring @Rula Lenska (:disco:) and sexiest man of the Seventies :eyes: Robin Askwith:

All other monster movies declared NULL AND VOID :o

This was a load of suitably hilarious nonsense. Brian Tyree Henry had all the best lines. I love how nonplussed everyone was about the final battle which no doubt killed thousands of people, it reminded me of the original Power Rangers battles. :D

OMG they're making a sequel and it looks dumb as fuck and I'm definitely seeing it on opening night:

Why does Kong have the Infinity Gauntlet now? Godzilla's new pink look though - trying to woo the Barbie fans methinks :disco:

I watched the original Japanese Godzilla last night. This franchise has come a very long way :D

There's also a new Japanese one out at the moment - Godzilla Minus One:

Certainly a lot more traditional than these US ones, particularly being set postwar. Annoyingly it seems like it's having a very limited release in UK cinemas, but I'm gonna try and see it next week.

Watching that one next week :D Mr Jiva is a huge fan of the Japanese series so I’m being dragged along to watch it, which is why I watched the original. Had to get some sort of frame of reference :eyes:

Reactions: COB
There's also a new Japanese one out at the moment - Godzilla Minus One:

Certainly a lot more traditional than these US ones, particularly being set postwar. Annoyingly it seems like it's having a very limited release in UK cinemas, but I'm gonna try and see it next week.

What did you think of this @Cobfort and Joy? I didn't expect it to be so morose in places, we were SOBBING :D

We ended up not seeing it today after all :D Going between Xmas and New Year now! I was panicking before as it seemed like a very limited release, but there seems to have been quite a few more days added here now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom