Gorgon City ft DRAMA - You've Done Enough

Funky

User
I'm sorry but I'm elevating this song to its own thread - its fucking sensational.

Talk about a comeback. Best thing they've ever done?

They did a streaming DJ set on NYE including this and lots of other unreleased GC tracks... I wonder if an album is imminent.

dance song of the year to date*. really SOULFUL vocal from Drama that totally elevates it. the deep house drop is also perfectly timed and utterly irresistible.

*tied with Relapse by Satin Jackets

Mine too @Jark :disco:

There's already been so many good dance tracks in 2021, we are truly spoilt, and this is the top of the mountain so far for me.

There are so many songs in that thread that I have been meaning to listen to, but I LOVE this one (and the new Storm Queen one)

the other one I super adore is A-trak (KING!) - My Own Way

but back to You've Done Enough

if I could become
someone that I could fall in love with
discuss with
and learn from...

WHAT A LYRIC!

I love how you think it’s gonna be a basic dance vocal and then the bridge/chorus builds and she just goes CRAZY :disco:

hands around my NECK
you’ve got a LOT of nerve comin round here without a reason to love me
With ALL that you’ve DONE
With ALL that you’ve DONE

it’s the way that she leans into some of those words is just so POWERFUL. Such a great vocalist...

living for our unbridled STANNING and deep dive ANALYSIS of this song :D

This song has been my soundtrack all week. This led me to further investigate about DRAMA, and I'm hooked. I didn't know they've covered EBTG's Missing.

Last edited:
This song has been my soundtrack all week. This led to further investigate about DRAMA, and I'm hooked. I didn't know they've covered EBTG's Missing.

I did not know this either :o

everyone has to listen to Gimme Gimme by Drama - it's THE ONE

I professed my love for this previously and it has only intensified, it definitely is the best dance track of 2021 for now. I would just love to experience this in its deserved setting.

this is still owning my ****y on the daily.

it's doing QUITE WELL on Spotify, but Gorgon City are actually more popular than I realised.

this Jacques Lu Cont remix of last year's House Arrest (très topical lyrics) is the tits.

transforms it into a much sunnier, more feel-good banger.

It just needs to become a hit. It’s one of those “if only more people heard it” records. You can’t NOT love it.

I was expecting that version to get released; apparently they (Drama) had been performing it at gigs prior to Gorgon City dropping the single. I mean calling it The Purple Prince Version ....:emoji_gem:

OK so nothing beats the original, but it still really is amazing...

I've been on a bit of a Gorgon City trip since they released the Song of 2021 and, along with All Four Walls, I'm quite in love with this gorgeously dreamy banger from the debut that was a single I somehow missed at the time.

amazing vocal. @funky

Oh yeah thats always been a favourite! I was a big GC fan at the start. They kinda lost their way until the Drama single this year. As you say, still the song of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom