Greatest Sugababes line up

Sugababbabes

• Total voters
My ranking - the best song from each is in bold

1. Keisha/Mutya/Heidi - most of the "classics." This is pretty much what I think of as the Sugababes. Ace Reject is my fave from this lineup
2. Keisha/Heidi/Amelle - Change is such a great album, especially Denial. I also love Can We Call a Truce so so so much
3. Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan (the second time) - for Flatline
4. Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan (the first time) - I love the one album but it doesn't live up to what came after. New Year is gorgeous
5. Heidi/Amelle/Jade - some of the songs are good but for the most part, whats the point. I guess About A Girl is the best

Oh ACE REJECT, the TASTE popped OUT! :disco:

Would this have been a hit, or were internet gays just shouting loudest?
I'm unsure, but it's unusual song structure makes me think it was worth a punt as a single, especially if basic bitch IN THE MIDDLE got a chance.

Oh ACE REJECT, the TASTE popped OUT!

Would this have been a hit, or were internet gays just shouting loudest?
I'm unsure, but it's unusual song structure makes me think it was worth a punt as a single, especially if basic bitch IN THE MIDDLE got a chance.

I would hope they wouldn't have added a real chorus where the instrumental chorus is (I hope that makes sense) because it would have made it worse

I would hope they wouldn't have added a real chorus where the instrumental chorus is (I hope that makes sense) because it would have made it worse

It had a horrible radio version which just butchered what the appeal of the song was for me. Ace Reject is all about the EDGING, not a fountain of SPUNK from the OFF!

I'm assuming this being officially created means it's release as a single would have been DOOMED had it been released anyway.

It had a horrible radio version which just butchered what the appeal of the song was for me. Ace Reject is all about the EDGING, not a fountain of SPUNK from the OFF!

I'm assuming this being officially created means it's release as a single would have been DOOMED had it been released anyway.

Thanks! I hate it

My HEART says Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan, but my HEAD says Keisha/Mutya/Heidi as the reason they even existed past One Touch.

Amelle was a MASTER STROKE replacement for Mutya. She brought something new without being out of step with the band, and kept them going for several years post.
WHERE did they find her? Bringing in a complete unknown to the line up of a major girlband is quite a bizarre thing to do - imagine if Little Mix brought in somebody to replace Jesy for example :D

I will also say that THREE is a fantastic girl band album, with incredible solo moments. Whatever Makes You Happy is clearly a LOST SMASH HIT due to it mainly being a Keisha solo track, which is a SHAME. A Million Different Ways was also quite special too.

I will also say that THREE is a fantastic girl band album, with incredible solo moments. Whatever Makes You Happy is clearly a LOST SMASH HIT due to it mainly being a Keisha solo track, which is a SHAME. A Million Different Ways was also quite special too.

I'm still annoyed they released In The Middle as a single. What a DUD.

Keisha / Mutya / Heidi to me ARE the Sugababes. The first interation feels like a different group altogether.

I have a soft spot for Amelle. Obviously the final line-up was farcical due to the lack of original members (but it did have a few bops).

Last edited:

I assume it's official and it comes from this Promo CD?

MKH - Had all the hits, but actually a lot of the hits were still quite MOODY and INTERESTING.
MKS - I dig their vibe.
AKH - Had some hits, less moody, less interesting, although I do have a soft spot for Catshite and Spotlights.
AJH - Ironically their best song was GIVEN AWAY FREE at the arse end of their careers.

What will happen in 2022 to celebrate "ANGLES20"? Will Siobhan quietly make an escape again and they will (forcibly) bring back Heidi for a rerelease including new remixes and an awkward photoshoot? :disco:

One Foot In
Virgin Sexy
Whatever Makes You Happy
Ace Reject
Never Gonna Dance Again
-
She's A Mess
No Regrets

SO MANY smash hits that never got the CHANCE!

Sad we never got a Cascada cover of this iconic moment :(

all of you people even daring to pick any version of this group without Siobhan :)

check-list-bj-novak.gif

Heidi is that CUTE GIRL in a world where cute girl is the most patronising insult possible

I love the second album too and the second line-up. After that, it just became ridiculous - no matter how hard the various incarnations tried to make us believe it was the same group. I mean really! To lose one singer may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose two looks like carelessness...and things never were the same again.

MKH - Caught in a Moment / Ace Reject
MKS - Flatline / I’m Alright
KHA - Denial / Sunday Rain
KMS - Soul Sound / Promises
HAJ - Wear My Kiss / No More You

• Love
Reactions: RJN
It's definitely Mutya, Keisha and Heidi. The first album was solid but all of their best tunes are after. As someone said, its like a another band the sound so different.

In The Middle is fine in a 6/10. But when you have a range of amazing 9/10 tracks to pick from, it seemed so odd as a single. I guess it seemed like such an easy airplay hit that they went with it?

I'm sorry, I really do like One Touch, but Heidi's middle eight on Too Lost In You > Any moment Siobhan contributed to the group.

And that’s even without counting:

DOES IT HURT WHEN YOU SEE HOW I’VE DONE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom