Greece 2022: Amanda Tenfjord - Die Together

I think people are sleeping on this, I really don’t think you could rule out Greece winning it.
:nononono:

Actually I'll think I'll save us all some time and just program Moopy to reply with that moopmoji any time you post in the Eurovision forum.

I really don't think this is as anywhere near good as it wants to be. It all feels a little too much like the soundtrack reject from a straight-to-dvd coming of age drama.

I think people are sleeping on this, I really don’t think you could rule out Greece winning it.
She will have to qualify for the final first and we haven't seen the staging nor heard her perform yet. And while I think she'll pull the vocal off cause if you write your own songs I suppose that you write with your own voice in mind, I don't think the qualification is granted cause the staging can still make it or break it. And considering who's responsible for the staging I'd say it's 50-50.

ERT does want to host next year though so am not expecting them to sabotage her, at least not intentionally.

She's a good live vocalist but she's not exactly dripping with charisma is she. :(

Reactions: D5K
Not sure how you can tell with the vocal effects.

She does seem to be approaching dangerously Blanche levels of charisma though.

The vocal effects are terrible and unnecessary. A shame because it is a good song once it gets going.

I don't mind the effects in the studio version, but here they take away everything a live performance is meant to give. And she is quite robotic on her own why make her look even more of an android?

Are we sure this wasn't lip syncing?

It wasn't, because at the end the recorded version the bit of "I will hold you till forever" is done differently.

And I find her serviceable on stage. The song is a ballad and she would either choose the composed route or the Anna Vissi route of throwing herself on the floor.
I prefer the first option.

Last edited:
Greece's spokesperson will be STEFANIA!

1651001290860.png

Yeah I seemed to have stopped taking whatever it was that lead me to believe this was going to win.

Fokas Evangelinos has revealed the plans for Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord’s performance of “Die Together” for Greece at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022. Speaking on Studio 4 yesterday the Creative Director explained that:

It will be a simple presentation. She will be alone on stage. Everything will be captured through Amanda’s eyes. I want to emphasize three elements: the absence, the wear and the grief of separation. It is a beautiful and tender setting. There is a visual intervention in the appearance. Through her eyes, we will see everything. The setting is made so that it does not surpass Amanda and the emotion of the song. Everything is connected to focus on it, not on findings, lights, etc.
Sounds rubbish to me.

At least there's no green screen this time (hopefully)
I've seen some pics from the rehearsals, there's chairs, that remind me of the Dimitris Papaioannou iconic staging for Alkistis in the 90's. But the rest looks like oniro mou (white dress girl alone in blue vastness) and the backdrop looks like one last breath.

They’ve been shortening in the odds since the rehearsal. They’ve overtaken Poland and are currently 6th.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom