Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Biking

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Running

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

Apoca

ASCENDENTE
Right, gyms are closed for many of us and I'm not sure when we will get back to a point where gyms will reopen and also when gyms feel like a genuinely safe, covid-free zone again.

So what are you doing instead? Running? Biking? Swimming? Have you set up a little gym corner in your flat with a few dumbbells, a fitness mat and stuff?

And if so, what are your routines? Have you purchased anything fitness-wise you'd recommend? What are you doing to fill the VOID? etc.

DISCUSS.

Not and have never been a gym goer, but I'll be getting back into RingFit Adventure. I let it slide recently but the DaddyDragon will be defeated

Reactions: dUb
Well running is always my workout so this doesn’t change much.

If anyone plans to start running in the winter, all you really need is good gloves

I’ve not been running back home but have done the odd HIIT training session.

I’ll be doing in house stuff but don’t have the range or heaviness of weights I’d like so will need to focus on more reps and just exhausting the muscles. I’ll do some cycling, running and core too.

I do home gym and running but neither is a GYM SUBSTITUTE. I fucking hate the gym and all the smugs who inhabit it.

:D!

I hear your BIRTHDAY SUIT makes the ideal athletiwear, you don't even have to wash it between runs. just make sure you got dem gloves.

well I meant as opposed to fall/spring running :D

But honestly I would run naked if it was socially acceptable. The less clothes the better it feels

I probably should have added "SEX" as a gym substitute. My bad, if you don't get any, it just doesn't come to mind as an option IMMEDIATELY.

I’ve got a bench and some weights plus one of those ab roller things.
Used to try to get out for at least a couple of miles walk before work but is too dark now. :(
So manage a short walk at lunchtime now. Am SHIT at pacing myself when not running on a treadmill so never get into a routine, I tried once in summer and decided sod that :D

I've been back on the treadmill at home, but the sweat seems to be triggering my eczema so I don't really know what to do. :(
lFCyPRt.gif

I haven't worked out since March. Made all the plans and enquiries to go back to the gym when the gyms reopened and just didn't.

I have really stuck with my running though but I do need to do more. My times have got worse and I'm sure I've been putting weight on over winter (though I don't dare weigh myself!)

I just can't get into home workouts no matter how often I try. I'm not really arsed about muscles, but a flat stomach would be nice.

And YES to investing in running gloves (which I need to do). I warm up pretty quickly everywhere else but felt like I had frostbite when I got in this morning.

Reactions: RJN
I finished Ring Fit Adventure during the second lockdown so can I have a sequel soon, Ninty?

At the moment I swim in an open air lido at the COOL temperature of 24º but I'm thinking that will close soon the way things are going in SE England. I also have to cycle there which is a good FIFTY minutes of uphill and downhill FUN.

At this point it's not about KEEPING a GYM BODY but more about getting a semblance of life outside my house, not feeling down and getting some ENDORPHIN RUSH.

I've been walking a lot and also doing Youtube workouts (FitnessBlender is my favourite); I got some dumb-bells just before lockdown 1. I was never an avid gym-goer before though.

Cycling, although not with these slightly icy roads.

Until I go cycling again I'll go for long walks, maybe two hours at a time.

I’ve put on 1.5 stone in the last two months through not being able to concentrate on healthy living and I really need to sort myself out. Did so well last year. The damned gym being closed has been a fucking nightmare for me too.

Going to kick back into running next week and getting the old home weights out. Hopefully can clear a stone off in a month or so and get back to some sense of normality.

I have a home gym in the garage and also go running. I had been using the local gym mostly for classes in the past few years, so I do miss that, but the bulk of my exercise is unaffected.

Oh lord the gyms closing have really fucked with me this time around

I just can’t seem to get motivated or in to a good rhythm with it

I’m trying but with resistance bands but let’s face it they are no substitute for some weights

just open the bloody gyms and really limit the amount of people who can be in at any time, I’d go at 2am if that was the only time :(

Oh lord the gyms closing have really fucked with me this time around

I just can’t seem to get motivated or in to a good rhythm with it

I’m trying but with resistance bands but let’s face it they are no substitute for some weights

just open the bloody gyms and really limit the amount of people who can be in at any time, I’d go at 2am if that was the only time :(

Whilst I agree that shutting gyms whilst leaving certain other pursuits open is rather ridiculous, right now, they really should be entirely closed.

I just feel like my mental health has taken such a dip since they’ve closed. :( And it’s really affected me more this time around because I actually can’t just go for a nice walk or run in the sun. I am trying to go for nice cycles to break up the monotony of it all but even that isn’t great in this weather

I know, I should just shut up because I’m still alive but :(:(

I shall be weighing myself tomorrow for the first time since Dec 22nd so we shall see the Christmas damage!

I tried to buy a second hand bike this week but don’t know what I’m looking for apart from wheels

I was in the car with my mother recently, wearing a tank top, and she said she “could tell I don’t lift weights” which was a bit insulting but maybe she’s right and I can do some more arm workouts

I was in the car with my mother recently, wearing a tank top, and she said she “could tell I don’t lift weights” which was a bit insulting but maybe she’s right and I can do some more arm workouts
Okay my main take from that post is TANK TOP ?
Also tank top in December ?

Okay my main take from that post is TANK TOP ?
Also tank top in December ?

It was probably October actually. And what’s wrong with tank tops? We were just going for a walk, I wouldn’t wear them to a nice occasion :D

It was probably October actually. And what’s wrong with tank tops? We were just going for a walk, I wouldn’t wear them to a nice occasion :D
Tank tops make me think of the wool ones which definitely wouldn’t be worn with bare arms :D
Was it more of a vest?
PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE REQUIRED

Press-ups and planking make me ache for DAYS, so no abs for Soldi :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom