What is your gym substitute?

• Home Gym

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Biking

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Running

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
My esteem took quite a hit last time gyms were taken away from us. I'd been getting back into exercise after a year being with someone who could not handle me going to the gym (once storming into Pure to get me being the loudest alarm bell I was apparently deaf to), and the feeling of restoration was quite simply euphoric. This time may "only" be 3 weeks, but I've wrote out a small routine of 7 core different exercises to do a set amount of sets that I've set up for myself to do. My weights aren't very heavy though, but doing it daily should take a weight off my mind if not the scales "lol".

RJN revealed as trailer trash :(
Tank tops make me think of the wool ones which definitely wouldn’t be worn with bare arms :D
Was it more of a vest?
PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE REQUIRED

here’s me:

Rebel-Flag-Tank-Top-Front.jpg

No! And probably not but maybe and I’d hate myself after!

When I was a kid I used to collect maps and flags (:square:). My parents sold my childhood house recently so I went through my room. I had a confederate flag! Horrifying

I would do anything in Dark Moopy before I would even consider voting for a Republican

Oh you’re going to do well when we have another MOOPY SCAVENGER HUNT.

Reactions: RJN
This is reminding me of that bit in every Come Dine With Me episode when the guests start rummaging through the hosts wardrobe.

It’s why I can’t go on Come Dine with Me :( Well unless I want someone saying ‘So we looked through your bedroom drawers, looks like you’re really into douching and drugs!’ at the dinner table.

It’s why I can’t go on Come Dine with Me :( Well unless I want someone saying ‘So we looked through your bedroom drawers, looks like you’re really into douching and drugs!’ at the dinner table.
Maybe it could be part of your evening entertainment!

In all seriousness though, I've been exercising indoors for months now, I can share routines. I also bought a very basic TRX thingie to use at home and it's great, plus I never stopped jogging outside (or walking 10,000 steps). At this point, I feel every little helps.

Recently I downloaded the My Fitness Pal app but then Christmas happened and I can't be fucked using it.

I did try to go out for a walk every day in London, but the scenery in suburban Yorkshire isn’t TERRIBLY EXCITING.

This has definitely been the single hardest thing about the pandemic for me. I’m completely useless at home, I can muster 20 minutes at best before I get bored and go on my phone. They call us GYMQUEENS for a reason ffs! GIVES US BACK OUR GYMS :(:(:(

I wish it was summer so I could just swim my way through it. I can’t stay in longer than 10 minutes or so at the moment, so it’s not possible to properly swim for exercise.

I wish it was summer so I could just swim my way through it. I can’t stay in longer than 10 minutes or so at the moment, so it’s not possible to properly swim for exercise.

I think Americans call a waistcoat a vest, and a vest a tank top. God knows what you've posted Alex... Sweater vest?! Who even wears them? :D

I think Americans call a waistcoat a vest, and a vest a tank top. God knows what you've posted Alex... Sweater vest?! Who even wears them? :D

weren’t they worn back in the Seventies or something ?!
All so confusing :(

Alright mr snarky.
Surely i’m not the only one who thinks of something like THIS
1600835309d5730ef3a9ee0cec886b97389b63018f_thumbnail_900x.jpg

Hence why it seemed so ODD

I would call that a sweater vest.

A vest, to me, is something sleeveless, either part of a tuxedo or more of a winter thing.

Here is one of my tank tops:

tanktop.jpg

I would only ever wear it to work out

EDIT: My grandfather wore things like what you posted. I haven't seen one on anyone under 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom