Vote

• Total voters

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
Starring Kyle Richards and a bunch of nobodies

I really hated the one from 2018 so I doubt I’ll enjoy this

That trailer is incredibly spoilerific. Why do they do that.

Anyway, I’m perched for Mike to get his hands on Kyle Richards and another iconic moment from Judy Greer.

Not watching that trailer, I've given up on trailers for horror movies, no point having the whole movie spoilt.
Was the last one pretty lackluster and didn't hold up when I watched it a second time? Yes.
Will I be first in line to see this when it comes out? Yes.

Wtf was that? It honestly felt like a spoof at times. No suspense, weird humour and bad dialogue. At least gore hounds will be happy, Michael is brutal in this.
Every character makes the worst decisions, it was actually infuriating. I guess I'm happy JLC got to collect her pay cheque for about 15 minutes of screen time. She wasn't lying when she said this film will make people agitated, I did feel on edge because it was so ridiculous.

They shoehorn in so many characters from and nods to Halloween 78 and many of the sequels that it felt like overkill.

There's a gay couple (they're called Little John and Big John, I'm not kidding) in this, at least they have more lines than that gay character in that recent Netflix slasher. Representation matters!

Two thumbs up:
The set design and cinematography
Kyle Richards
"Gotcha"
That ludicrous ending

Two thumbs down:
Pretty much everything else.

Just back from this, I enjoyed it, but I have not really paid much attention to all the ones before like I have with other horror franchises or Scream, for example, so I enjoyed it for what it was. Big John and Little John had me chuckling...

I imagine Jamie Lee is doing less and less in these movies and doing more and more in terms of producing them :D

LOVED this. It felt so different to all the others. I had a great time.

I liked it. Yes, everyone makes terrible decisions. There were some unintentionally hilarious moments like when Little and Big John grabbed the little and big cheese knives.

#justiceforanthonymichaelhall

Okay, so there is far, far too much going on in this movie. The hospital stuff is so fucking stupid it borders on parody, and too many characters turn up purely to serve no purpose at all. Laurie and her family feel like secondary characters without there being a clear protagonist to replace them, other that the terminally useless Tommy. The kills have all been decent, although some just felt mean-spirited and far crueller than Michael's usual M.O.

Also, I'm getting increasingly annoyed at 2 and H2O being retconned out of existence as they're needed at this point to justify the hysteria of Laurie and the townspeople. He killed three (four if you count the random trucker) people FORTY YEARS AGO and has been in prison ever since. Justice has been served and they've no reason to think of him as this evil, unstoppable monster that's casting a shadow over Haddonfield; especially since it's made clear that younger generations haven't even heard of him. None of them know the events of this film and the last have transpired before the 'evil dies tonight' movement starts so it all just feels like an overreaction. Frankly, the additional victims from the original sequel and Hillcrest Academy are necessary to give Michael a significant enough body count to justify his bogeyman status. By the time the 2018 film started he'd killed less people than Warren Fox from Hollyoaks, for fuck's sake.

Well this was dumb. It started out dull, then got much better and very entertaining thanks to Anthony Michael Hall, and then came the last 20 minutes and that ridiculous monologue from Laurie. Will this franchise NEVER die?

Feels like the body count was only so high because the citizens of Haddonfield share one brain cell amongst themselves. Michael was the smartest person in the movie.

"EVIL DIES TONIGHT" yet he expects to kill this legendary serial killer with some little league baseball bat named "Old Huckleberry".
default-rotfl.gif
Next!

"EVIL DIES TONIGHT" yet he expects to kill this legendary serial killer with some little league baseball bat named "Old Huckleberry".
default-rotfl.gif
Next!
He wasn't even legendary :D
As far as they know when the mob forms, he killed 4 people 40 years ago and has been languishing in prison. He was such a nonentity to everyone except Laurie that the entire first film was dedicated to people saying she needed to get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom