Halsey - I am not a woman, I'm a god

RJN

lost all chats
Pronouns
he/him

Halsey can be a little hit or miss (mostly miss) for me, but I think their new song is really something special. Trent Reznor was involved in the production of the album and you can really hear it here (it sounds like Closer).

This is not what I was expecting from Halsey, but is so so good. Very powerful. The video is cool too.

@AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAaaaA I think you'd like this,

She is tiresome but this hits the spot if you're in need of a budget Isabel Guzman.

the album is out and Trent and Atticus weren't just involved, they produced the whole thing. ballsy! Trent has been edging toward big pop girl territory for a while now and I think Halsey is just enough of a weirdo for this collaboration to make sense.

early days for me to pick out faves but I am not a woman is :disco: Lilith is a big bop and Girl is a Gun has some slight happy hardcore vibes that I'm obsessed with :D

Halsey can be a little hit or miss (mostly miss) for me, but I think their new song is really something special. Trent Reznor was involved in the production of the album and you can really hear it here (it sounds like Closer).

This is not what I was expecting from Halsey, but is so so good. Very powerful. The video is cool too.

@AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAaaaA I think you'd like this,

Damn you're right I do really like this :D I've tried, but I don't like Halsey AT ALL but I love Nine Inch Nails, and this essentially sounds like a NiN track sung by a woman :D
First listen alone suggests this is a pretty special song. I'll have to give the album a listen.

• Love
Reactions: RJN
OK the first 3 songs are all great too... and i haven't even gotten to the ones @Jark pointed out yet. What a MOMENT for Halsey

omg this album is really amazing. I Wasn't expecting any of this and I Was NOT PREPARED! Billie has some serious competition.

this was the first thing I listened to this morning and GOD if the OMINOUS BASSLINES and HAUNTING PIANOS weren't the perfect accompaniment to my breakfast of COFFEE and DISILLUSIONMENT.

it's really fantastic front to back.

I've been won over by this too. The more grating vocal aspects seem to have been smoothed out and the material feels like a serious step up.

I am not a woman..., You asked for this and honey are my current picks. The quieter moments work really well too.

darling, you will bury me
before I bury you...

this album is really working for me as a complete front to back listen. I would perhaps just cut Darling and the numbers one in the middle. super strong though and I would love to see it live if she tours this (OMG with Trent and Atticus, imagine!).

I Am Not a Woman is holding quite nicely on streaming and was the most added song at pop radio this week. You Asked For This is the single at rock/alternative radio.

"You asked for this" sounds like its straight out of the 90s. My second fave so far

I had such a teen rock moment to it in the office this morning :shy: :disco:

the albam's getting many spins a day here

• Love
Reactions: RJN
I think I've played this in full every day of the last month. amazing records from Billie, London Grammar, Lana and many more this year but this is a serious AOTY contender for me.

09 The Tradition
10 Bells in Santa Fe
08 Easier than Lying
10 Lilith
08 Girl is a Gun
08 You asked for this
08 Darling
08 1121
09 Honey
09 Whispers
11 I am not a woman, I'm a God
08 The Lighthouse
08 Ya'aburnee

I might need to go back to this based on all the love. I actually really do like IANAWIAG, and "Lilith" was the other one that stood out for me. Nothing else was memorable enough to playlist though. I shall give it another whack.

Finally a Gold cert in US (all her others are 2x Platinum). Not bad considering there was no hit.

RIAA.com:

HALSEY
Title: IF I CAN'T HAVE LOVE, I WANT POWER
Certification Date: February 1, 2023
Label: CAPITOL RECORDS
Format: ALBUM
Gold

Is there an album to go with "So Good"? It already feels ages ago, and it did somewhat decent business at radio.

but it bombed on streaming. there doesn't seem to be an album ready just yet

True, but I also think she can give us something significantly better. Made it to #10 on pop radio. Shame they never bothered to actually push "You asked for this". "Honey" would've also been a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom