Handbag House

Lume

User
Which are your favorite Diva Anthems? Handbag house only please!

I'll start by putting on a playlist.

Surely the whole point of HANDBAG is that it’s popular songs to which people dance round their handbags at hot heterosexual nightclubs such as VIVID AND ELITE or similar?

Surely the whole point of HANDBAG is that it’s popular songs to which people dance round their handbags at hot heterosexual nightclubs such as VIVID AND ELITE or similar?

oh Zu not heterosexual :(

I think your version of handbag sounds legitimate actually :D

oh Zu not heterosexual :(

I think your version of handbag sounds legitimate actually :D
Well obviously homosexual nitespots aa well but to be truly handbag I think it has to have the seal of actual handbag approval from Dean and Shaynee

And it turns out you’re right!
The term "handbag house" appears to be particularly popular on British dancefloors and refers to the notion of a group of female club-goers dancing around a pile of their handbags.[3] Dance culture's usage of the word 'handbag house' started life as a derogatory term.

that’s the source of the name anyway. But it’s generally used to refer to “diva house” - big funky house anthems with gospel vocals.

I was so fortunate to be a part of the Garlands movement in Liverpool in the late 90s, one of the first gay superclubs that was all about the handbag house. Even coined the phrase hardbag, the more clubby/druggy handbag house that was not my scene but had a few bops. I prefer the disco stuff

there was also Miss Moneypennys in Birmingham which I never got to go to. Predating those was of course Hacienda in Manchester which was Italo house and rave and a lot of old handbag (Black Box, K-Klass, Inner City etc) before it was called handbag

MEMORIES :disco:

The Disco Kandi series from Hed Kandi back in the day is also an incredible source of handbag

this is hot

*shuffles in grimy basement club with smelly 20-somethings marinating in ket sweat*

I was so fortunate to be a part of the Garlands movement in Liverpool in the late 90s, one of the first gay superclubs that was all about the handbag house. Even coined the phrase hardbag, the more clubby/druggy handbag house that was not my scene but had a few bops. I prefer the disco stuff

there was also Miss Moneypennys in Birmingham which I never got to go to. Predating those was of course Hacienda in Manchester which was Italo house and rave and a lot of old handbag (Black Box, K-Klass, Inner City etc) before it was called handbag

MEMORIES :disco:
Oooh #metoo. I virtually lived there from 95 to 98.
760A6BDC-D2B7-4D43-BFAD-193817A06BB0.jpeg
9F73A0E5-8DE4-4B73-84E4-29B5ACE0623D.jpeg

there were two compilations at the time I can vividly remember ‘house of handbag’ and ‘enter the hardbag’

Oooh #metoo. I virtually lived there from 95 to 98. View attachment 4349View attachment 4350

there were two compilations at the time I can vividly remember ‘house of handbag’ and ‘enter the hardbag’
I own the latter and desperately wanted the former.

I did have this excellent album which served as excellent guide for a newcomer like myself which certainly dabbled in handbag delicacies, such as Robin S, Kariya, Todd Terry, Crystal Waters, Jinny, Nightcrawlers, Black Box, Alison Limerick etc:

R-553123-1309978759.jpeg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom