Have any of you met Kylie or Dannii?

Kala

Call the police
Pronouns
He/Him
I was just going to ask about Kylie but Dannii needs a bit of love around here.

Sadly I have never met either of them myself, although Dannii touched my hand at a gig in Ayr on her Unleashed tour. My friend and I did wait outside Kylie's hotel in Glasgow in 2001 when she was on the On a Night Like This tour but she'd already gone to rehearsals and I couldn't be arsed hanging around in the rain.

From reports I've read online, I've not found a bad word to be said about Kylie - she seems to be just a LOVELY person. Well these days anyway. I am sure she might have been a bit of a MADAM in the mid 90s. But it's interesting how overwhelmingly positive reports are from people who have met her. That's very rare in showbiz. I think this comes across in her public persona, and I think is probably part of the reason why she is so well loved among the general public.

As for Dannii, I've read mixed reports but I think she's definitely mellowed since she had Ethan. I remember seeing an interview with her on This Morning when she was on to sing Disremembrance. They showed some clips of her early 90s stuff and she was NOT happy. She looked like she wanted to cut Richard and Judy! :D

No, and I have no desire to.

Actually, I'll qualify that. I have no desire to do a meet and greet, or even anything that didn't cost money like a signing, or something. An artificially created meeting where you're one of a parade of people holds absolutely no appeal.

If it just happened through circumstance that's a different story.

Vaguely off topic, but a story of simple legend in my group of ageing homos is once somebody was waiting to board a flight (nobody actually seems to know WHO was waiting to board these days :D ) and Dannii strolled in and marched straight to the front of the queue, only to be told by the person at the front of the line “get to the back Dannii, you’re not Kylie..!”

Whether it’s true or not is pretty much IRRELEVANT :D

I’ve been around Kylie a few times through various work bits, she’s always very nice and professional however her manager seems ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE (as expected tbh :disco: )

Vaguely off topic, but a story of simple legend in my group of ageing homos is once somebody was waiting to board a flight (nobody actually seems to know WHO was waiting to board these days :D ) and Dannii strolled in and marched straight to the front of the queue, only to be told by the person at the front of the line “get to the back Dannii, you’re not Kylie..!”

Whether it’s true or not is pretty much IRRELEVANT :D

I’ve been around Kylie a few times through various work bits, she’s always very nice and professional however her manager seems ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE (as expected tbh :disco: )

:D

ALL managers are total CUNTS. I've dealt with many by trying to book E-list Eurovision singers for events, and they are for the most part rude and obnoxious and have delusions of grandeur, while the actual singers themselves have been nice as pie. I wonder if it's because they have to deal with so much shit that they just assume that everyone they deal with is also a cunt.

I’ve obviously never mentioned this:

I actually met her twice that night :D

:D

ALL managers are total CUNTS. I've dealt with many by trying to book E-list Eurovision singers for events, and they are for the most part rude and obnoxious and have delusions of grandeur, while the actual singers themselves have been nice as pie. I wonder if it's because they have to deal with so much shit that they just assume that everyone they deal with is also a cunt.

This is utter nonsense.

I met Dannii when she was signing calendars in our HMV in the 90s. I didn’t know she’d be there but bought a calendar whilst there. This was before you could take pics on phones. #ancient

I think the only signings I've done are Cheryl Baker for her low fat cookbook, and Ellie Goulding for the launch of her first album in the US, when I just happened to be on holiday there at the time.

Oh, and French and Saunders at the stage door at one of their tours. Actually there may be a few more stage door meets from years ago, but they are the first ones that come to mind.

I wish.

Everyone I know who's met or worked with Kylie has said how beautiful and kind she is. And how SMALL she is too.

Danni is a strange Moopy phenomenon that I'll never understand. Who IS she?

Years ago I shagged an american country singer and he gave me his album, does that count as a meet & greet? :shock:

I wish.

Everyone I know who's met or worked with Kylie has said how beautiful and kind she is. And how SMALL she is too.

Danni is a strange Moopy phenomenon that I'll never understand. Who IS she?
Dannii has had 19 UK top 40 singles, 9 of them top 10. Two top 10 albums. She did much better than given credit for as how could she ever compare to Kylie’s stats?

When she was on X Factor she was just about the most well known tv celeb here. You couldn’t open a magazine or tabloid without her or Cheryl being mentioned.

Dannii has had 19 UK top 40 singles, 9 of them top 10. Two top 10 albums. She did much better than given credit for as how could she ever compare to Kylie’s stats?

There can't be THAT many more female singers with more top 40 hits, can there? Or at least I imagine those who have are rather better respected.

There can't be THAT many more female singers with more top 40 hits, can there? Or at least I imagine those who have are rather better respected.

Well it's harder to compare nowadays when album tracks and features bump up the stats of many acts.

Well it's harder to compare nowadays when album tracks and features bump up the stats of many acts.

Take it up to the end of the 00s - that's still a few years after her last hit, isn't it?

Take it up to the end of the 00s - that's still a few years after her last hit, isn't it?
Her last top 40 appearance was So Under Pressure in 2006. It’s an interesting question, there can’t be too many with more than 19 other than the real top tier acts over the years e.g Madonna,Kylie, Mariah, Janet, Whitney et al.

I've talked about her a number of times and her ONE song that I know. But the extent to which some people have taken my post seriously is kinda scary.

But the extent to which some people have taken my post seriously is kinda scary.

In this thread? :confused:

Oh wait I read it wrong, I thought you meant seriously scary.

Anyway why wouldn’t someone believe it? She’s never been big in America has she? Billboard Dance #1s don’t count? And I can’t imagine she had a following in ... the other place you were... I want to say Yemen? I mean I guess there was her commercial for Emirates

In this thread? :confused:

Oh wait I read it wrong, I thought you meant seriously scary.

Anyway why wouldn’t someone believe it? She’s never been big in America has she? Billboard Dance #1s don’t count? And I can’t imagine she had a following in ... the other place you were... I want to say Yemen? I mean I guess there was her commercial for Emirates
Bit racist.

And I can’t imagine she had a following in ... the other place you were... I want to say Yemen? I mean I guess there was her commercial for Emirates

OMG :D :D :D

:D wasn’t someone from Yemen??? I thought that was KC...

Just to clarify, this isn’t coming from a “well they all look the SAME” place

Sorry but I'm just NOT SEEING IT. Outside a few countries she's NOT A THING.

Untitled.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom