• I have broken the rules occasionally

• I frequently break the rules

• I intend to continue sticking to the rules

• I will probably break the rules soon

• Other (please elaborate)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pingu

Noot noot
No finger-pointing or judgement in this thread, but perhaps a good milestone to get a bit of a straw poll.

Pick as many options as you like, and please do elaborate!

Have you acted legally, responsibly and with integrity?

Last edited:
So now that most people seem to be at it (although I might be proved wrong by this poll) I feel I can say that I did slip up this week. I’d intended to visit my local friend in his back garden but in the end when it came to making drinks and such it ended up being a bit of a faff not to go into the kitchen, and we definitely weren’t 2m away.

I don’t feel too bad about that one time although I’d still be wary about doing so again.

I don’t intend to, but in this lovely weather if my dad decides to call and invite me and my mum to a barbecue in the garden, I can’t say if will or won’t suck it up, get the train down and meet them. He’s already been doing that with his local friends, but I honestly don’t think I could see either of my parents without inadvertently giving them a hug.

I've been *mostly* good. I did frequently leave the house more than once in the early days but with an old dog it's not like I go far.

I went round a friend's last weekend and sat in the garden, but I did go inside to piss. Both technically not allowed but we were sensible.

And today I'm having a small bbq with 4 friends/2 couples, but frankly the distinction between today and Monday seems arbitrary, so fuck it.

I've been mostly good. But the last week I've certainly decided to be more selfish. And it felt good.

I’ve been good! Walking to work instead of getting the bus etc but I have met a friend for a socially distant walk a couple of times and tomorrow I’m getting in the car with her to go see another friend.

I’m feeling quite irritated by those of you (and people in general) who haven’t followed the rules to the letter but only because I have. I’ve constantly over-thought it to the point of total fucking insanity and lived a horrendously isolated life for the past two months. So my irritation might be unreasonable (or not :tongueout:).

TBH I’m not sure how much value there really is in this 2m distancing thing anyway. There appears to have been this magical thinking about supermarkets (and other “essential” places) being safe (because they’re deemed essential) which is obviously nonsense. And also people have frequently come into shops where I’ve been buying stuff and (briefly) been less than 1m from me. So I don’t think there’s any genuinely safe way to have gone about things, apart from the rather unrealistic approach of not going out ever.

Mr S has broken them by going to visit his parents throughout though

The only thing I could potentially be done for is the public transport one. I walk just under 2 miles to work and the same back. There were a couple of days where it was absolutely pissing with rain and I couldn't face that walk and then sitting in the cordoned off "socially distanced" office soaking wet. I wore a mask and sat well away from everyone else which was easy because there were only 3 other people on the entire Subway train.

1x socially distanced dog walk per week with two of my closest friends (who are a couple who live together).

Otherwise I’ve been compliant.

TBH, asking any keyworker to adhere to the 2m thing is a pisstake. There isn't a workplace in the land set up for such a thing and, even if you're doing your best, if other people aren't, well...what can you do? We have 2 stairwells and they've both been made one way; up one and down the other. So many people go down the up one because "it's quicker". Cunts.

Mr Kate unexpectedly came over on my birthday for a few hours. And twice now since then we've met up in parks and not distanced from each other. And last week a friend came to meet us - she did sit 2m away, but that was technically against the rules of course.

I am sure I have had it already, and if I have then Mr Kate must have too (although with minimal symptoms) as he was here all weekend before I got ill (which was a week before lockdown). But I am still following the rules the vast majority of the time just in case.

I went to my boyfriend's place after I had to go to A&E. (He lives around the corner from it - I live nowhere bloody near it, and public transport had ceased for the night. I will be taking no more questions) I had been on my own for a month and a half at that point so I think I'd done quite well...

On the whole I've stuck to it.
K has had a mate over to help with some DIY and he came in for a distanced cuppa afterwards (our kitchen is massive). But beyond that we've followed the rules.
I've still been going to work at one job over lockdown but there's been barely anyone in so distancing hasn't been difficult except for a few older cunts who think the whole thing is a stupid overreaction and doesn't apply to them. :manson:

I can’t recall breaking the rules which is all rather boring I am sure but this has been one of the scariest experiences I have ever came across and I am already shitting myself over the possibility of a second wave. I am glad that schools here are deciding to hold out until August to send children back as I think I may have had some sort of breakdown with worry.

I could vote for most of these, but here we haven’t had a lockdown and almost no rules, just a couple of guidelines which I’ve mostly obeyed.

It's difficult to stay 2m apart all the time at work, so I'm guilty of that. And we're having the windows replaced so we've had people in the house measuring up.

And one day a friend picked me up from work.

It's difficult to stay 2m apart all the time at work, so I'm guilty of that. And we're having the windows replaced so we've had people in the house measuring up.

And one day a friend picked me up from work.

:agog:

You NAUGHTY BOY!

I have been amazingly good, but I have been to my mums garden and kept a distance throughout

My boyfriend moved into my place 2 months ago because his housemate was continually bringing people into their place. It’s the only rule break we've made

Everybody seems to have just GIVEN UP this weekend. I'm not even entirely sure what the current status is re. lockdown. Each UK country seems to be doing something different :D

I've been very good btw, but as a MASSIVE INTROVERT with a Mubi subscription, a huge pile of books and an out-of-control vinyl/Real Housewives habit, being told I'm ABSOLUTELY NOT ALLOWED to see other people has suited me PERFECTLY :D :disco:

I haven’t seen any friends but I’ve used public transport and I’ve gone out for a walk/coffee/groceries almost every day. I try to stay far from people in the grocery store but it doesn’t always happen.

I was very tempted to break the sex with strangers rule today but held off.

I've been very good btw, but as a MASSIVE INTROVERT with a Mubi subscription, a huge pile of books and an out-of-control vinyl/Real Housewives habit, being told I'm ABSOLUTELY NOT ALLOWED to see other people has suited me PERFECTLY :D :disco:

This is a good point. Lockdown hasn't been *so* hard on me because I'm an introvert and most of my favourite pursuits are solitary. All my major anxieties have been caused by being designated as a key-worker and coping with the journey to and from the office as well as the weirdness of the environment. I'm also lucky to be in Scotland where we have proper leadership with a clear and open purpose.

Reactions: GNL
I've been to my mum's garden for the last 3 weeks, only once a week. And her garden is huge. But Mandy and I have sat in it and had a BBQ. And obviously used her toilet.

I also met up with 2 friends a week ago on a walk. We did socially distance but it wasn't allowed.

I'm a little past caring now. I will still avoid public transport and won't put myself at unnecessary risk. But I'm going to work and mixing with the public a bit so I now want to see friends and family. But will only do it outside.

I broke it last night by going to my friends flat. She's beating herself up about it. Although I think that's just her hangover.

I think I'm gonna hold back on booze for a while.

I've broken the rules occasionally by going for drives with Mr rocketstail. He's in the shielding category (being a transplant recipient) and he should not be leaving home at all for 12 weeks, however we've taken this risk as him not leaving home AT ALL (except for hospital treatment for the first 3 weeks of lockdown) really was starting to take its toll.

I met TWO people from one household in the park, when you were only allowed to meet one person. Aside from that, to the letter, which has been tough as I live alone.

I met TWO people from one household in the park, when you were only allowed to meet one person. Aside from that, to the letter, which has been tough as I live alone.

Exactly the same. Met with 2 people in the park.

Also I played tennis a couple of times and we didn't use our own balls. We shared. :o

My boyfriend moved into my place 2 months ago because his housemate was continually bringing people into their place. It’s the only rule break we've made

And it was a rule break to reduce the rule breaking, so seems pretty fair to me!

My social media is flooded with people breaking rules now. People packed into kitchens for photos that are supposed to be at outdoor bbqs. I’ve been invited to a bbq this Saturday and one woman is already texting in the group offering lifts there and back for 3 others. I really should say something and wonder why I’m following the rules.

I have broken the rules but each instance was related to my dad's death. I've been in mum's house several times in the last few weeks but only because my dad had just died and I was buggered if I was leaving her to go through that alone (unlike my brother who left her to do just that). Then three days after his funeral it was her 70th birthday so I went round for that too.

As far as I'm concerned the risk was negligible because neither of us have been leaving our homes, except for me dogwalking, so it's highly unlikely either of us has it and I was willing to risk it. I'd have said the same to any plod who called me out on it.

Reactions: GNL
My social media is flooded with people breaking rules now. People packed into kitchens for photos that are supposed to be at outdoor bbqs. I’ve been invited to a bbq this Saturday and one woman is already texting in the group offering lifts there and back for 3 others. I really should say something and wonder why I’m following the rules.

I’m seeing SO much of that now. I just don’t have the energy to get worked up about every single person sticking two fingers up to the regulations, but it does boil my piss when the same people are being smug about their “socially distanced BBQ!!” shared taxis there and are in photos basically sat on top of one another.

My friends needed a wee after our walk today, so I let them inside. :shock:

NO. Not inside of me.

They were GIRLS. :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom