Have you had Coronavirus?

Have you had coronavirus?

• Total voters

Iguana

If I only could...
Someone suggested we do a poll a few days ago and I thought it would be interesting, if irrelevant.

The results are public so don't vote if you'd rather people didn't know.

I am very sure I had it back in March, when I had 3 days of fever, was exhausted and lost my sense of smell and taste. There weren't tests readily available back then and I've never taken an antibody test, but I'd be very surprised if I didn't have it. I have asthma, but I only had shortness of breath for a short period on one night and didn't get a cough. It took about 2-3 weeks for me to start feeling properly better, although I went a bit up and down during that period.

I wouldn't necessarily go as far as certain but I definitely had to self isolate for two weeks towards the end of April after having a fever and my breathing was a bit weird. This was before testing had ramped up unfortunately.

I wouldn't necessarily go as far as certain but I definitely had to self isolate for two weeks towards the end of April after having a fever and my breathing was a bit weird. This was before testing had ramped up unfortunately.

I've added a poll option that would be more relevant to you, I think

when I came back to the UK from Italy the second time I was panicking because I wasn't feeling great and then my dad felt the same, but they weren't the exact symptoms.

no idea if I've had it but suspect not.

I was pretty unwell in March. I'd just got back from a trip to Amsterdam, and was in the process of moving house. I felt really rough the day I was moving, but put it down to stress. Then when I was all moved in to my new place I felt much worse, had a fever and a dry cough. I didn't get tested because I don't think they were testing at the time unless you needed to go to hospital, so I don't know if I actually had it or if I was just otherwise unwell.

I was pretty unwell in March. I'd just got back from a trip to Amsterdam, and was in the process of moving house. I felt really rough the day I was moving, but put it down to stress. Then when I was all moved in to my new place I felt much worse, had a fever and a dry cough. I didn't get tested because I don't think they were testing at the time unless you needed to go to hospital, so I don't know if I actually had it or if I was just otherwise unwell.

I would say you probably had it (not that I'm in any way qualified to make that assumption).

I mean REALLY if we’re honest with ourselves, options 2 and 4 are the same. :eyes:

@Jark do you think you caught it here, or in the Netherlands?
my housemate tested positive a few days after I left after her colleague had also tested positive (they work from the office once a week for some nonsensical reason) so most likely I got it from her. its always POSSIBLE that it happened on the plane though. either way the answer is NOT HERE.

I would say you probably had it (not that I'm in any way qualified to make that assumption).

Yeah, I think I probably did. I also remember being generally exhausted. Considering I'd been in two major cities with a fair amount of cases, on a full plane, and done the commute to work on a packed tram every day, I definitely had plenty of opportunities to catch it.

No.

it’s a conspiracy anyway, no?

@Jark to confirm :eyes::eyes:
not sure beb but now I think about it, it IS funny that a couple of days after my + test I received a "vaccine" in the mail with the note "take this and wait for further instructions or we'll expose you as somebody who posts 300 times a week on an internet forum", and that I have since felt the electric currents of 5g running through my arsecheeks.

Not that I know of. I was exposed to the virus four or five days ago at work. My rapid test was negative on Friday, but they sent it to the lab to be PCR tested (more accurate apparently) since I had a small fever and runny nose. I feel fine currently, but still waiting on the results from the PCR test, which are due today or tomorrow.

I did notice that around the time I was convinced I had it, everyone else I know who had come back from Milan was saying the same thing. So I do think it was probably in my head and I just picked up a cold from travelling. But then I'd just done Milan-Sicily-Berlin-Belfast-Milan-Belfast so who knows.

I did notice that around the time I was convinced I had it, everyone else I know who had come back from Milan was saying the same thing. So I do think it was probably in my head and I just picked up a cold from travelling. But then I'd just done Milan-Sicily-Berlin-Belfast-Milan-Belfast so who knows.

What were the symptoms?

I haven't had any symptoms or been ill this year, so I'm guessing probably no. A colleague had it during peak pandemic and another colleague I work in close proximity to lives with her boyfriend who found out last week he has the antibodies. That's closest I've been to the virus I assume.

With you doing this and then meeting up with Pingu who went on to meet all of Moopy, it seems YOU are patient zero when it comes to Moopy! :o

I'm joking :)

Option 2. I haven't read @Iguana's post but I have the same story as him basically.
Who brought it home? :zsazsa:

I much prefer the antibody test to the SWAB

I believe so, back in March, when you couldn't get tested unless you got admitted to hospital. I had the cough, shivers, fever and extreme fatigue, and the thing where it got better but then suddenly worse again. Can't be 100% sure but I know my body and how it normally reacts to illness and this was totally unlike anything in living memory.

No, I tested once and it was negative. I have the beginnings of a cold now but that’s regular for me between seasons, it’s too mild to be covid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom