Have you had Coronavirus?

Have you had coronavirus?

• Total voters
I've been tested twice, once in the summer (postal) and one 2 weeks ago (drive through). Both negative

I managed to get an antibody test through Ipsos MORI and it was inconclusive :rolleyes:

We had it in our office but only found out a couple months later after lockdown. Couple of people ended up in hospital and they had to fumigate the building. There were people coughing on our bank of desks but nobody knows for sure if any of our dept have had it.

I am very sure I had it back in March, when I had 3 days of fever, was exhausted and lost my sense of smell and taste.

Are you 100% back to normal? My smell & taste is still not quite right and i still have varying degrees of fatigue most days. It's been 7 months so I feel like this is the norm now. Not quite the awful long covid symptoms i keep reading about where people are literally bed bound but still shitty to have it lingering.

I'm going to say no as at no point have I lost my sense of taste or smell, but around Christmas I did have a very bad cough and cold that felt like it lasted ages and shortly after visiting family, my boyfriend's nan apparently had symptoms that suggested pneumonia :eyes: So although I don't actively think I've had it, I wouldn't be at all surprised if I have especially since in the December-February period I was working in a location where masks are now mandatory that had thousands of members of the public passing through each day

Christmas? The virus wasn't even active in Europe then, so unless you spent Christmas IN CHINA I find it somewhat unlikely.

Do they know that for sure? To be honest I've tried not to keep up with every single development lately but I just remember a BBC article from May that claimed the first case in France may have been in mid to late December

I think there were some rumours it began spreading as early as last October.

There was also a story about members of a choir who all got ill around December time and now think they possibly had it. But who knows?

Are you 100% back to normal? My smell & taste is still not quite right and i still have varying degrees of fatigue most days. It's been 7 months so I feel like this is the norm now. Not quite the awful long covid symptoms i keep reading about where people are literally bed bound but still shitty to have it lingering.

I'm sorry to hear that love. 7 months is a long old time. I have to say I did generally go back to normal pretty quickly, although I still think my sense of taste is only probably 80% back - everything remains a little blander than it used to be (not shading @Tisch's cooking). I do wonder what would happen if I got it again...

I'm sorry to hear that love. 7 months is a long old time. I have to say I did generally go back to normal pretty quickly, although I still think my sense of taste is only probably 80% back - everything remains a little blander than it used to be (not shading @Tisch's cooking). I do wonder what would happen if I got it again...

I am so sorry you still can't fully savour the delicacy that is beans on toast :(

I haven't, but a college I work close to has had to self isolate on three occasions after developing symptoms. Each time he tested negative.

Finally got my PCR results back, and I'm negative :disco:

In a sick, ironic twist, the party I was devastated I couldn't go to over the weekend because of my pending results ended up being a breeding ground for COIVD. One of my friends who went apparently had a fever and tested positive two days later, pissing off everyone who attended. So I guess I avoided THAT

I think I caught it this last weekend. Slight fever and lost some of my taste/smell.

And I didn't even sleep with anyone for it. What a waste.

One of my friends has had it twice. Well, the first time wasn't confirmed (it was very early on), but her GP is convinced she did have it. She said the first time was much worse in terms of fatigue, the second time worse in terms of coughing and loss of smell and taste, but she didn't feel so actively ILL, if that makes sense. She also said her taste and smell aren't back to normal yet, but it's only been just over a month from then.

I had it back in March and had the antibody test. Bad fever, fatigue and body aches, not much of a cough. Seemed all over within about 5 days.

However my taste is definitely still off, and I am now dealing with a stomach issue that's lasted 7 weeks and counting and in my anxiety ridden state I'm convincing myself I've had a delayed kick in of long covid. Not to mention my doctor said 'well Covid can live in the gut'. Cheers beb, that did a lot for my anxiety :manson:

A colleague of mine had it back in April and she’s since also been struggling with a stomach issue and fatigue.

Yeah my smell was COMPLETELY GONE. I was terrified it was never gonna return, but it's clawing its way back slowly.

I think there were some rumours it began spreading as early as last October.

Mrs. Indie is pretty convinced she had it in December. She was pretty ill with fever, cough and can strongly remember a complete loss of smell and taste. I mean WHO REALLY KNOWS.

She also spent a lot of December whizzing about the country on a train, so you can all blame her for this entire thing.

Reactions: GNL
Yeah my smell was COMPLETELY GONE. I was terrified it was never gonna return, but it's clawing its way back slowly.

Is it back now @KindaCool?

I would say mine is about 85% back. There are times when I'm eating things, especially crisps, and thinking I'm SURE these used to taste stronger. Those taste buds may just be dead now!

Reactions: RJN
And considering most of us don't have dealings with children, we can't be blaming schools!!

Is it back now @KindaCool?

I would say mine is about 85% back. There are times when I'm eating things, especially crisps, and thinking I'm SURE these used to taste stronger. Those taste buds may just be dead now!

Yeah it's back, and pretty much in full. It was actually a pretty scary experience because food became a chore. I no longer became excited at the thought of eating, which is so sad.

Took my third one this morning (if you count the antibody test) and whilst the test was horrific it wasn’t as bad as trying to assemble the BOX to send it back.

RJN said:
I've had 16 tests now:gross: It weirdly gets even worse each time

I didn't find it so bad in the moment of having it done, but I got a bad headache about 30 mins later. I can't say I'm desperate to get it done again.

Reactions: RJN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom