Helen McCrory DEAD

GUTTED about this. She was nothing short of ASTOUNDING in Peaky Blinders.

I don't think we ever got a Peaky Blinders topic on Moopy, but it's up there with Line of Duty in terms of big BBC on going dramas. And super iconic, with a strong cast.

Oh this one hurts. I always loved seeing her on screen. Even if the thing she was in wasn't great, she was always a must watch.

Wow she was a very very good actress. What a loss. :( (Never seen Peaky Blinders though).

That’s so sad. She was so young.

Mildly surprised a few of you haven't seen Peaky Blinders. McCrory, Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy... what more do you want? Although it's basically 1920s gang violence in Birmingham, so maybe not for everyone. It is very good.

I've never seen it either but of course she was in tons of stuff. Standout of Quiz last year.

I recall her from an episode of Inside No.9 too.

Never seen Harry Potter, because I somehow knew it would all end up being regrettable.

Add me to the never seen Peaky Blinders club, but I loved her as Cherie Blair in The Queen. :(

this has really stunned me. she's fucking sensational in everything - Potter, Peaky Blinders, Skyfall, playing the PM in that BBC political drama at new year. I can't believe it

This is so sad. She was a PHENOMENAL actress in everything I watched her in but she is EVERYTHING as Polly in Peaky Blinders.

RIP beautiful lady.x

Mildly surprised a few of you haven't seen Peaky Blinders. McCrory, Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy... what more do you want? Although it's basically 1920s gang violence in Birmingham, so maybe not for everyone. It is very good.

Largely male led dramas often don't appeal to me (and British ones too actually... I'm so unpatriotic!) - in all the marketing I never once saw a picture of her, so didn't even know she was in it. Now I know she was in it, it does appeal a lot more.

:(

She was such a force of nature in Peaky Blinders. Cillian Murphy might be the face of the show but AUNT POL is right at the heart of things. I also very much enjoyed her as PM in that drama with Hugh Laurie recently too.

was shocked by this, probably partly because we didn't know she was ill. Early 50's too no age. and I didn't watch all of Peaky Blinders but I saw enough of her character in the first series to know she was :disco:

So sad. Loved her in everything. She was amazing in MotherFatherSon.

Had no idea she was married to Damian Lewis.

GUTTED about this. She was nothing short of ASTOUNDING in Peaky Blinders.

This is REALLY SAD.

The report I read is that she was a regular for seasons 1-5, so I assume she didn't partake in the filming of Season 6. I can't remember how Season 5 ended now or how they can possibly write her out, or even go on without her. I know S6 is supposed to be the last season, which is smart, especially now.

This is REALLY SAD.

The report I read is that she was a regular for seasons 1-5, so I assume she didn't partake in the filming of Season 6. I can't remember how Season 5 ended now or how they can possibly write her out, or even go on without her. I know S6 is supposed to be the last season, which is smart, especially now.

I think they were filming season 6 semi recently. In the last month or so...

Oh I thought they started it before lockdown and then paused it and finished it recently. I could be wrong.

Oh I thought they started it before lockdown and then paused it and finished it recently. I could be wrong.

That sounds about right. I can’t remember where I read they were filming recently, but it may well have been just to wrap up.

I am just watching an interview with her and her husband on GMB last month. Kate Garraway asks her if she is feeling OK as she sounds a bit croaky, to which she replies “I’ve got children”. :(

Got quite a section on the BBC news last night. I Knew of some of her work but didn't realise the big film stuff she had done

@funky Her and Cillian Murphy apparently halted filming on Season 6 of Peaky Blinders as they felt uncomfortable filming any longer a week before the UK went in to the first lockdown so she may well be in part of the new season?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom