Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
In anticipation of THE RETURN tonight, I've revisited this little gem, brief Moopy cause célèbre and, lest we forget, UK #185 hit. ( :( )

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VineYzbmmG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I forgot how cheap and tacky the video was :D Poor Helena... I remember thinking she was going to be the next Shakira.

It was great fun, but as Elena's ethno disco madness goes it has NOTHING on Gigolo :disco:

Last edited:
I'm not your average bimbo / lost in limbo really is a lyric of LIFE. :D

The Game of Love album really was just HIT after HIT after HIT. Even the 60s cover bonus track was excellent.

'Heroes' has long been a staple of my emergency treadmill playlist.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lqaBh00GW50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

VIVA LOS HEROES! *cranks speed up to 13*

The Game of Love album is IMMENSE. I even love the obligatory ballad at the end - Seven Days, written by DA BUZZ. I have a few of her Greek albums but I haven't really listened to them much.

I was completely obsessed with Mambo when it originally came out, it's still a staple to this day!

I texted a radio show in 2006 to request this once ('Call Control' I think it was called). They called me back and said they wanted me to request James Morrison on the air instead. So I did, and dedicated it to Moopy...

I prefer the "My Number One" album, which is marvellous, but "The Game of Love" is almost just as good. "Anapandites Klisses" is the greatest song she's EVER DONE, by the way :disco:

I prefer the Greek version of "Mambo!" as well, but that's a STONE COLD TEN, as I'm giving here.

I texted a radio show in 2006 to request this once ('Call Control' I think it was called). They called me back and said they wanted me to request James Morrison on the air instead. So I did, and dedicated it to Moopy...

What the FUCK kind of radio station tells listeners who text in what songs it wants THEM to request? :D

I couldn't call a fave from those two albums. They're packed with absolute pop gold. I invariably return to having a blast of Helena in my life every now and again. I was pretty mid Helena obsessed in the mid 00's.

Impromptu Helenna top 5...

1. Baby It's Over
  2. You Set My Heart On Fire
  3. I Don't Want You Here Anymore
  4. The Light In Our Soul
  5. Mambo

Last edited:
I love this, certainly, I do... but I do feel that it's lacking that LITTLE SOMETHING and therefore it is not a SONG OF LIFE; just a great little pop ditty which is FINE AND DANDY as well.

What the FUCK kind of radio station tells listeners who text in what songs it wants THEM to request? :D

And this was all part of a 'chart' that listeners apparently voted for :manson:

Helena (solo only of course) TOP TEN for me

1. Anapandites Klisses
2. The Light In Our Soul
3. Mambo!
4. Gigolo
5. Baby It's Over
6. Pirotehnimata
7. You Set My Heart On Fire
8. Heroes
9. Porta Gia Ton Ourano
10.Yparhxei Logos

i love this piece of trash. it still gets plays for me for sole reason.

One of the greatest hits from her canon.

I'm more familiar with the GREEK version... you know being fluent in it and all.

I don't love it as much as I did at the time, but it's still great.

I don't love The Game of Love album QUITE as much as I did at the time but there are still a hefty portion of classics on there, namely this, Gigolo, Teardrops and the title track (although I prefer the "Greenglish" version of that one).

Her English stuff has always been top notch for me, and based on the two songs we've heard so far her new album should be up there too.

Save Me (SOS) is the best thing she's ever done, IMO, and Survivor is right up there too. I love Helena at the moment. :disco:

The beginning of that video makes me feel embarrassed for Geru with her similarly themed Desire video (not that I wasn't already of course). That chorus puts hairs on my chest - what a feat.

This is the one song from her I still play these days. Proper uplifting and joyful.

We have 16 Helena topics. Surely more than other Eurovision artist aside from ABBA and Celine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom