Help! Melodic drum and bass?!?

• Thread starter HerSereneHighnessAnniFrid
  • Start date
H

HerSereneHighnessAnniFrid

Hello! I’m in desperate need of some expert help trying to scratch a long-held itch and I thought there must be someone on Moopy who would have the magic answer.

Sorry for the long post but this is a mysterious journey of melodic drum and bass nostalgia that has just been triggered by listening to the Destiny’s Child Christmas album (?!)

So when I was a kid in the 90s I used to watch these snowboarding TV programmes and the soundtrack was always some kind of melodic, liquid drum and bass. I basically would watch those shows for the soundtrack and wait for a very specific sub-genre that they would often play. I loved it but never knew what it was and am now desperately searching for artists or tracks in this genre.

Then when I had a PlayStation 1 (!) as a teenager, I played a tennis game which has this amazing track which sounded exactly like the very melodic, kind of lazy drum and bass tracks they would play on these shows:

Finally, this Christmas I reheard (no joke) a Destiny’s Child cover version of This Christmas by Donny Hathaway...again using these melodic beats and I just got the biggest nostalgia rush from those TV tracks:

PLEASE! Can someone help me understand what genre I’ve been exposed to and artists who make these magical bleepy beats?! I have no idea what I’m talking about or if it’s even considered drum and bass but it’s the closest connection I can find.

DOES ANYONE EVEN KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT?! Literally get triggered by this every 20 months :(

Thank you xxx

Yes @jyxz very much like this! Thank you. The tracks I remember tended to have a slower BPM and had a more ‘obvious’ or poppy topline melodic refrain but it’s more in this lane than the harder kind of jungle/dnb.

Hate drum and bass, LOVE liquid drum and bass. Not sure why. Anyway I'm sure I could dig a few out. Loving this at the moment:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom