HORROR

Eyeing up The Empty Man but don’t know if I’m seeing it get word of mouth traction because it’s surprisingly good or just laughably bad.

After not buying into The Visit as comeback Shyamalan I think Old slaps and is his best stand alone film since The Village. Plan on watching it again before it leaves cinemas.

I also tried watching The Purge again, get as far as Ethan Hawke slowwlyy patrolling his house in the dark and disengage. I’ve come to realise home invasion horror is not really my thing.

I have Empty Man on to watch list. Another word of mouth recommendation.

Watched Censor which was a cool idea and it has a pretty cool ending but I think the first half drags a bit.

Arrow Video are doing a 24hr horror marathon in cinemas in September. The line up is random as FUCK :D Children Of The Corn!!

Children of the Corn (1984)

Hellraiser (1987)

Hellraiser 2 (1988)

The Stuff (1985) - With drinking game!

Demons (1985)

Phantasm (1979)

Blood Feast (1963)

The Wizard of Gore (1970)

The Crazies (1973)

The Burning (1981)

Nekromantik (1987)

Creepshow 2 (1987)

Deep Red (1975)

• Wow
Reactions: COB
Aw, they're not doing it anywhere near me it seems :( At least I got to see this :horny: Uncle Frank gif on their website:
downsized_large.gif

Just watched the new Texas Chainsaw on Netflix, Who the fuck thought this shit was a good idea? EVERYTHING about it is wrong except for the last ten seconds, and even then it's still a bit stupid.

If you're going to do a requel for a beloved horror film, have the good grace to at least nod in the direction of what made the original good. This boasts unlikeable millennial characters (who, because this is a Netflix film, are snarky androgynous influencers), a shitload of anonymous characters being killed, and a lot of running around waving guns. They couldn't even entice the original actress back to play Sally. None of the tension, pacing or griminess of the original, no emotional connection with any of the victims, just another glossy, soulless, identikit Netflix film.

I resent this being canon to the original almost as much as Halloween Kills.

I didn’t mind the new Texas Chainsaw, it was fun, but I think watching all the previous sequels just beforehand helped lower my expectations considerably.

I didn’t mind the new Texas Chainsaw, it was fun, but I think watching all the previous sequels just beforehand helped lower my expectations considerably.
I was disappointed because other similar films have really delivered. Halloween Scr5am 5, Leprechaun and Cult of Chucky all managed to do the requel thing well and keep the identity of the originals, whereas I felt this could have just been any generic horror sequel. Plus, I HATED the main two girls.

I've just seen THREADS given the current state of affairs, five min in I thought it couldn't get any more SCARY than an unplanned pregnancy beholding one to Sheffield, but I was wrong.

I've just seen THREADS given the current state of affairs, five min in I thought it couldn't get any more SCARY than an unplanned pregnancy beholding one to Sheffield, but I was wrong.
I’ve got THREADS on download but have never watched. Current world promo is certainly pushing it to the top of my “to watch’ list.

I've been on a bit of a horror mood lately. It all started with Barbarian and now I can't stop. Watched You're Next last night which was a fun comedy I guess.

I would like to see something that's actually creepy/scary though next pls. Does Hereditary fit the bill? It's on my local streaming service.

Hereditary is great but it’s not a conventional horror movie. It will make you very uncomfortable.

I guess I’m just BASIC because I never got the praise heaped on Hereditary (the decapitations were all funny, not scary), and It Follows was just crap scary music to create some sense of dread of watching people walking around.

These days I’m relying on @COB for lovely Horror recommendations. And BOY DO I HAVE A CLASSIC for you all for 2023’s COB’s Creepers.

Ok so my new faves are Don't Breathe and especially The Invisible Man. Haven't seen anything as good after seeing the latter. Less blood, more tension pls.

Ok so my new faves are Don't Breathe and especially The Invisible Man. Haven't seen anything as good after seeing the latter. Less blood, more tension pls.
The Invisible Man was ridiculously good, especially when I went into it with zero expectations. The scene with her sister at dinner was just exceptionally spiteful.

So I went to an all-day horror fest yesterday and between the movies themselves and the sets of trailers in between there was some absolute treats, particularly THESE two trailers which I'll have to investigate for the Creepers in the future:

They also showed this film, which I'd never heard of before but found utterly compelling:

Possibly debatable whether it's even a "horror film" in the traditional sense (though it's certainly horrifying), but I can't stop thinking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom