How do you feel about eating organs?

We used to love a pig’s trotter for lunch with vinegar on it for some reason. On a Friday lunchtime my Grandad would come home from his job at the dockyard with them cooked, fresh from the butchers.

Oh, I remember reading that pig's cheek was supposedly particularly tasty. Mind you, I'm pretty sure that was Heston Blumenthal who probably served it with potatoes made entirely from glitter and orange juice that was really koala cheese.

I’ve started watching Paul Hollwood’s City Bakes on youtube and enjoying it.

He comes across quite bratty in some of the travel shows, especially the one in Japan, he hated most sashimi I think.

Anyway, tripe is the worst, my grandmother used to cook it and the smell in the kitchen always made me gag.

I like liver, sweetbreads and tongue (is that an organ though?) and would probably try most things, but brains and lungs don't really sound too appealing...

frs.gif

I love chicken hearts, liver is nice as well. Intestines stuffed with rice and chickpeas then fried or boiled are big where I’m from and I used to love them as a kid but I grew out of them (there’s not much flavor there).

Tongue I’ve never been able to get into.

I like thinly sliced cold tongue in an open sandwich

had plenty of heart and liver when I grew up. hearts I can still eat but the taste of liver is too strong for me, hence why I also don't eat liver paté which is practically a national dish around here

don't think I'll ever want to taste offal or buttholes, although I guess with offals, at least the ones in Japan, it's more about texture than flavour

I echo the praise for black pudding. I find the Danish variety is a bit spicier and sweeter than the English. a Christmas staple

we had pig's head on our latest romantic dining out. the cheeks were so tender and juicy. YUMSA

Join me Rita! It will be one of the best choices you ever make.

I am actually getting quite weird with meat. I could never eat meat off the bone, but now chewing on most meats make me feel quite queasy. It is something I am definitely going to try at some point.

I’ll try anything once. I’ve had heart a few times in one of those places they bring meat around on skewers until you want to explode. Was nice !

Same and same! Chicken hearts are DELICIOUS.

I once had the most beautiful calves liver, cooked to perfection, melt in the mouth :disco:

I'd feel a bit odd about eating BRAINS but probably would if it was given to me. I draw the line at COCK AND BALLS though.

That really made it sound like I have no teeth. I really do. :shy:

Not penis. But everything else. X

I had some mushrooms on sunday and couldn't bear to look at all the meat on the bbq. The sausages really didn't need to start breathing.

I have Noma booked in December. I hear one of the dishes for the game/harvest season is DUCK'S BRAIN in its own SKULL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom