How good is your geography?

How good are you?

• Total voters
It's Chandler, Arizona. Just for next time x

matthew-perry-chandler.gif

I finally got all 50 states in a sitting.

I found doing all the M states, I states and O states first makes it much easier.

Naming them all.

I guess it’s the Midwest/Rocky mountain regions that are the hardest. Some of the states are almost never mentioned in American movies/tv/pop culture*.

*apart from when Gaga did a new versions of You and I for all(?) states.

I try to name the 50 states broadly in alphabetical order, especially if writing them down. I remember there are 26 A-M, and 24 N-Z, that there are 8 M’s (including 4 Mi..) and 8 N’s (including 4 New somethings), and a handful of others (4 A’s, I’s and W’s)

I guess it’s the Midwest/Rocky mountain regions that are the hardest. Some of the states are almost never mentioned in American movies/tv/pop culture*.

*apart from when Gaga did a new versions of You and I for all(?) states.
Indiana, Rhode Island, Delaware, Arkansas, Oklahoma etc are all fairly forgettable

OK I got the 50 States - Nebraska and Connecticut were the ones I almost gave up on.

I played Sporcle SO much but that's like 10 years ago, I don't think I'll be able to clear the countries one like I used to.

PS the AMOUNT to dick swinging in this thread. FAR too much

Indiana I’d say is fairly known. I love the fact that people from Indiana are called Hoosiers.

Wyoming, Iowa, Arkansas however…

so which states are most unknown? Iowa I think of because of elections, but thats a reason that most people wouldn't care about

I mean I can memorise a list of places too, but at the end of the day I think "Turn it into love" is a 10/10 so who's the real hero

PS first go at the Countries of the World after retirement, I impressed myself by getting 194 :disco:

Missed St Lucia (and that bugged be because I knew there was a St. left), Burundi and Burkina Faso, which I always remembered as a pair

How can anyone do on the Japanese prefectures? this isn't dick swinging, I really am curious how much you listen to me :)

How can anyone do on the Japanese prefectures? this isn't dick swinging, I really am curious how much you listen to me :)

FUK U (oka)

I can probably do about a dozen or so. Mostly from visiting them.

How's everyones Swiss cantons?

I always liked Mr. Miyagi from Karate Kid, and assumed that if there was a Japanese language version of a very English thing, they'd have a Mr. Shropshire.

FUK U (oka)

I can probably do about a dozen. Mostly from visiting them.

How's everyones Swiss cantons?

I think for Japanese ones about half the time it’s named after a big city so that’s worth a punt.

My cantons are awful. I’m going to guess Geneva, Fondue, Central Switzerland, Toblerone, Zurich, Milka

I hope I haven’t been dick swinging, are we supposed to feel bad for geeking out and talking geography too now?

But anyway, I’ve tried to learn the Chinese provinces and main cities but it’s too hard. I love that there is province called Shanxi and a neighbouring one called Shaanxi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom