How long have you been a Kylie fan?

How long have you stuck with her? Since..

• The coasting years (2010 onwards)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She went hillbilly (Golden)

• Now (I just signed up)

• Total voters

Eddie

User
I haven't really given this thread much thought but I'm curious to see how long moopy people have been fans.

When I was like 5 we used to visit our neighbour's who were a few years older and listen to cassettes with them. The debut album was one of them and I loved it, dubbed it onto my own cassette etc.

Then I didn't really hear anything until 1997 (I was a bit young to be involved in the radio prior, and she wasn't terribly big in NZ through those years) when the IP project came which wasn't really my cup of tea, though I enjoyed Breathe a bit.

Properly became interested again around Spinning Around, and then with Fever I started properly investigating the back catalogue etc.

hard to say.

i loved especially for you and better the devil you know (though i had a jason poster next to my sandra and roxette, shamefully).

then i loved confide in me. then i liked did it again. then light years which was my first kylie album so i have to go with that?

I wouldn't classify myself as a fan but I've taken an interest in her since the beginning, with many glittering high points since then e.g. Magic

golden is her album i've listened to least. apart from lost without you, she has peacefully passed in her sleep to me.

I wouldn't classify myself as a fan but I've taken an interest in her since the beginning, with many glittering high points since then e.g. Magic

just classify yourself as a fan already. so what if she's not as voxious as your others.

Reactions: dUb
just classify yourself as a fan already. so what if she's not as voxious as your others.
I can see the logic but I am... resistant to this. She hates Mariah, for a start.

I can see the logic but I am... resistant to this. She hates Mariah, for a start.

I'm really not sure this is true y'know.

I wouldn't be surprised if her one off-the-cuff remark was in response to a bad experience she had (let's face it MC isn't exactly the warmest of personalities).

The first album was the Greatest Hits which I had when I was 5. I didn't really pay any more attention to her till Light Years came along (age 12) but pretty quickly became a retrospective fan of the years I'd missed.

@Eddie what option is that please :)

The first album was the Greatest Hits which I had when I was 5. I didn't really pay any more attention to her till Light Years came along (age 12) but pretty quickly became a retrospective fans of the years I'd missed.

@Eddie what option is that please :)

The POP comeback INNIT?

When I was 5 or 6, my parents bought a used computer from my piano teacher (this memory is iffy, but its what I remember). It came with some music on it, most of which I didn't care about, but I LOVED Butterfly. Its the first song I remember loving/actively choosing to listen to. So I guess since 2000 or 2001?

Oh I just realised you had the Greatest Hits. Which songs on it spurred that purchase?

I have voted "the POP comeback", although it's a bit blurry for me due to having eliminated most memories of my childhood as a kind of trauma defence mechanism :eyes:

I distinctly remember hearing Spinning Around on the radio - I was 9 then and had dabbled in Steps and the Spice Girls/had them pushed on me, but had yet to really discover music as an active passion. Then again with Head a year later - I remember hearing it and LAFS on the car radio constantly. I don't think I owned a copy of Fever at the time though - 2003 was really my great pop awakening, and the first songs I remember really stanning were Put The Needle On It by the other Min, Hollywood by Madonna and Trouble by P!nk. Around this time I started listening to the chart show on Radio 1 quite religiously. I remember being absolutely AGOG when Trouble went in at #7, having convinced myself it was a number one smash - imagine the tears of baby Jark. That really set the tone for a lot of disappointments to be endured later in life.

Anyway, SLOW was the song that really actively got me into Kylie. I remember watching the video and the behind-the-scenes on a music channel (and possibly masturbating to it?) and I think I played Body Language and then went back to Fever and Light Years - my friend's DAD was a huge Kylie fan with all the CDs so I burned them all from his collection and became fluent. Fever must be comfortably one of my most played albums ever. I Believe In You was also unescapable on UK radio in 2004 and it was perhaps that song which really cemented me as a forever stan. I didn't go back and start discovering pre-00s Kylie until maybe the time of Ultimate Kylie or even Showgirl Homecoming.

But let's say ON THE JARK RADAR since 2000 and an active stan since 2003/4.

I remember being absolutely AGOG when Trouble went in at #8, having convinced myself it was a number one smash. That really set the tone for a lot of disappointments to be endured later in life.

:D oh Jark, you do make me laugh!

golden is her album i've listened to least. apart from lost without you, she has peacefully passed in her sleep to me.

Aww. You should have taken part in our sync listen. Country pastiche aside, it’s not a bad little album.

Let's just say, I've been 100% aware of Kylie since the Pop Comeback. Everything before 2000 was a little before I started picking up on international pop culture.

I don't love everything she does and I think she's had more than a handful of stinkers as singles and some bad filler on albums but she's a GEM that needs to be TREASURED and not taken for granted.

I became aware of Kylie with Spinning Around as well. I had actually never heard of her before.

my favourite bit is the throwaway wank to her most critically claimed music video! :D
writhing, unclothed bodies of both genders gleaming under the Spanish sun was probably a confusing but intoxicating thing for a blooming baby bisexual not yet ready to be homo.

Reactions: GNL
Since Neighbours. I Should Be So Lucky was the first pop song I ever loved.

she's so LOOSE there :o 90s Kylie was really a different beast altogether. Imagine the STUDIED DIPLOMACY today.

Since Neighbours. I Should Be So Lucky was the first pop song I ever loved.
To expand, I was obsessed with the song and it holds a very special place in my heart. Kylie was the first album I ever owned. She has been there ever since I first started enjoying music and always been able to reflect something in my own life at any given point. She is very very special to me.

she's so LOOSE there :o 90s Kylie was really a different beast altogether. Imagine the STUDIED DIPLOMACY today.

To be fair people complain about the diplomacy but it’s by no mean feat that she has managed to retain that “national treasure” status. It’s probably made good business sense more than anything.

I remember liking various Kylie songs as a kid, but X was the first time I actively listened to one of her albums.

I was never a really big fan until I saw her on the Golden tour by accident, and now I'm a STAN.

I remember liking various Kylie songs as a kid, but X was the first time I actively listened to one of her albums.

I was never a really big fan until I saw her on the Golden tour by accident, and now I'm a STAN.
Well if you liked that...

To expand, I was obsessed with the song and it holds a very special place in my heart. Kylie was the first album I ever owned. She has been there ever since I first started enjoying music and always been able to reflect something in my own life at any given point. She is very very special to me.

Aww. You mirror my own feelings. I was 10 when I stanned Charlene. She might as well be a family member, such is my loyalty to her.

:o

I loved the Golden tour but I’m honestly amazed that it took that for anyone to become a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom