How many pillows do you use?

I had 2, then 3, always thinking for years that it was more comfortable to be slightly upright while sleeping. That was until the bastard neck ache which took a couple of years to fix after finally realising what it was and going to physio to correct it.

Now I only sleep with 1.

I mean I have 6 pillows because I’m not a WEIRDO but they get flung every night when the light goes off and popped back into place in the morning.

This thread is certainly something :D I’m glad I’m not the only one who clearly has no idea what’s healthy - I feel there’s a lot of conflicting information about pillows so people just decide they know best.

I have one memory foam pillow, that’s better than ones I’ve had before so I’m ok at the moment.

:D at people with several pillows that they eject immediately anyway. U ok beb? Xx

I sleep on my stomach too, wake up sleeping om my back.

I use two pillows when I read. One pillow to hold to the side when I sleep on my stomach so that the shoulder on the same side as my face get’s a bit of support.

I sleep on two pillows, but my bed has 4 on it in total, as well as two decorative cushions!

2. Plus one vertical one for my arm(s) to rest on, otherwise they're sore when I wake up.

ONE.

Which is kinda orthopaedic and helps keep my neck and spine in a relatively straight line, no matter if I lie on my side, stomach or my back. No more neck pain and no more back pain in the last 18 months.

ONE.

Which is kinda orthopaedic and helps keep my neck and spine in a relatively straight line, no matter if I lie on my side, stomach or my back. No more neck pain and no more back pain in the last 18 months.
My neck and back issues improved when I bought a firmer mattress. I've not had significant pain in that area since.

German square pillows are EVIL. You only get one and it's never comfy.

I do like the way they do two single duvets in a double bed though. That's very civilised.

German square pillows for GERMAN SQUARE JAWS. :evil:

No, but really, I used to bring an extra pillow everywhere always but it always boiled down to initial sleep comfort at the expense of neck pain in the morning.

Two for my head and another between my knees.

Sleeping semi-foetal with the pillow between my knees definitely seems to have helped with my back, though I rotated the mattress at the weekend and it has not reacted so well.

Here to join the firmer mattress club

Hate it when you go to a hotel and they celebrate their soft comfy beds, only to wake up in the morning unable to WALK

I bought the most firm mattress (to a reasonable prise) that I could get last summer but I’ve already created a valley in the middle of the bed now. :argh:

Here to join the firmer mattress club

Hate it when you go to a hotel and they celebrate their soft comfy beds, only to wake up in the morning unable to WALK

Cushions on hotel beds are one of my annoyances. I hate having to toss about 20 of them on the floor so I can get into bed!

I absolutely hate those long giant pillows they have in hotels. The hotel I stayed in the other day had one small useless pillow and a giant one, none of them worked.

Reactions: D5K
I’m amazed any of you sleep now, but who uses some sort of audio aid to get to sleep?

I have the “In our time” podcast with Melvin Bragg on a 10 minute sleep timer and I’m asleep before it stops 9 times out of 10

Also when is someone going to make a thread about blankets? I need an extra heavy one. I basically need to be strapped down to be able to sleep.

Nowadays I need it to be as thin as possible or else I’d get too warm but even when it’s really hot I need to have a blanket.

Also when is someone going to make a thread about blankets? I need an extra heavy one. I basically need to be strapped down to be able to sleep.

I'm not even joking when I say I struggle to sleep without my 8kg weighted blanket. It's the BEST.

Oh i couldn’t. I’m like a radiator in bed (nicknamed so by past partners), they very thought of being trapped under a blanket I can’t KICK OFF during the night fills me with dread

If I’m ever caught up in my blanket during the night I literally overheat and start having bad dreams :D :(

Because of that I’m very much a, oh yes let’s have a cuddle that’s really n- OKAY GET OFF NOW I’M TOO HOT kinda guy…

I often wonder why I’m single :BList:

I’m jealous of people without sleeping issues. How do you do it? My friend told me he and his husband both just lay down and fall asleep almost immediately every night and it blew my mind

Because of that I’m very much a, oh yes let’s have a cuddle that’s really n- OKAY GET OFF NOW I’M TOO HOT kinda guy…

I often wonder why I’m single :BList:
Also SAME :D with added "ugh it TICKLES, GO AWAY" if they are hairy

omg same :disco: thank god we're having separate rooms when our sham marriage goes through

TWO BEDS AND A BUDGERIGAR

Actually fuck that we need a castle so we can literally go a week without seeing each other or each other’s partners

(More for your benefit really, considering all your shags are potentially homo)

TWO BEDS AND A BUDGERIGAR

Actually fuck that we need a castle so we can literally go a week without seeing each other or each other’s partners

(More for your benefit really, considering all your shags are potentially homo)
Ah since no-one wants to shag me anymore you just need to be far enough away not to hear my vibrator(s)

I put on a guided meditation and a negligée every night when I go to bed. I fall asleep within minutes.

some dysfunctional sleeping issues
Am not using my 3 pillows one on top of the other. One is for my head, one for my hug and the third is for behind my back, to provide some extra protection from cold. I also make the duvet like a roll with me inside. Also for extra protection from cold.

I'm not even joking when I say I struggle to sleep without my 8kg weighted blanket. It's the BEST.
Unfortunately the one I have is currently all messed up. Something inside BROKE and now those bags filled with glass beads move around and end up on the sides of the blanket. :(

Unfortunately the one I have is currently all messed up. Something inside BROKE and now those bags filled with glass beads move around and end up on the sides of the blanket. :(
How long did you have it? They have come down in price a LOT here now. Hopefully you'll be able to replace it less expensively than what you originally paid.

I don't use mine on the bed now, only when I'm curled up in a chair or on the sofa before bed. It seems to relax me for sleep.

How long did you have it? They have come down in price a LOT here now. Hopefully you'll be able to replace it less expensively than what you originally paid.

I don't use mine on the bed now, only when I'm curled up in a chair or on the sofa before bed. It seems to relax me for sleep.
I've had mine for almost 3 years and yeah I was shocked how much cheaper they are now compared to when I bought mine. I think they're more widely available now too. I'll see if I can (find someone to) fix it before replacing it.

I've only used one type of pillow since I was a child, a Dunlopillo Supercomfort latex pillow*. I use one pillow. When I sleep elsewhere (friend's, mum's, hotel) I take my pillow with me because I can't sleep otherwise.

*obviously not the same pillow, I buy new ones every couple of years (or whenever they're on offer because they can be expensive) and the old ones are relegated to our communal bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom