hyperMOOP - a sync playlist

COB

The ⭐ 👹
hyper-MOOP-promo.jpg

Yes, it's finally happening! Much-delayed, my playlist featuring PC Music, hyperpop and other assorted GUBBINS will be here tomorrow night (after Moopyvision Karaoke All-Stars, cross-promo fans). You can expect music from a range of artists including (but NOT limited to) -
  • A.G. Cook
  • Hannah Diamond
  • Charli XCX
  • SOPHIE
  • Danny L Harle
  • Caroline Polachek
  • LIZ
  • Slayyyter
  • Carly Rae Jepsen
  • 100 gecs
  • EASYFUN
  • Namasenda
  • Georgia
  • Janet Jackson
And of course MANY MORE. I'll add the playlist to this post nearer the time - it'll be YouTube-only I'm afraid, there are too many things which aren't on Spotify. I've never done one of these playlist syncs before, so I'm a bit nervous but also confident it'll be quite fun so please join me if you can :D

YOUTUBE PLAYLIST:

Last edited:
So much STUFF going on. At that rate I'm quite pleased to not be going anywhere over Christmas! :D

Cant wait for this introduction Cob!

Reactions: COB
Very excited for this. Many glorious artists there. Hopefully I can be around!

I've never done one of these playlist syncs before, so I'm a bit nervous but also confident it'll be quite fun so please join me if you can
Oh these are as easy as you want them to be and very fun to run!

I am confident it will be an exceptional playlist.

Fingers crossed! The good thing about this sort of music is that the tracks generally tend to be quite short, so if you don't like one you won't have long to wait for the next :tongueout:

Also my original idea was to do a sort of chronological thing with the early PC Music stuff at the start and other artists gradually coming in, and a mellow middle section etc but the playlist was coming out at about three and a half hours at one point :D So it's streamlined to less than two hours, and aside from keeping some early stuff at the start it's now basically a list of BANGERS punctuated with the occasional chill moment or oddity.

Okay, I think I've got the playlist how I want it - it's currently at 2hrs 13mins though, is that too long? I've been trying to chop more but I think everything on it is either amazing, important to have OR a good gateway from more mainstream pop music. I'm mainly concerned about it being a late Tuesday night when people may still have work and stuff :D

I'm going to 'drop' the playlist link in the first post five minutes before we should all press play!

I would love to listen to this, but I will be in Zoom meetings the whole time. I'm definitely going to listen later though!

I will say that I've tried to strike a balance between the more esoteric moments and things that are accessible - so there are plenty of collabs with established performers we'll all have heard of, and remixes of songs by big stars. Pretty much all of the more leftfield/noisy tracks have been sequenced to have a more standard or mellow palate cleanser afterwards :D

Also, please note that some of the videos will feature flashing lights, and not ALL of them come with a warning beforehand.

Its on but silent for reasons I don't need to explain. Will tune in soon!

This was my first ever PC Music song I discovered, long before I fully appreciated it as a genre!

The whole thing with QT is that she was a popstar AND a fictional energy drink - the early PC aesthetic was all about lampooning and/or celebrating consumerism. What does it all mean? Who cares!

I LOVE how when QT launched it was seen as some sort of Aqua-inspired JOKE, and now it's seen as a piece of ACTUAL ART! :disco:

There was also a weird documentary on youtube where QT travelled to Japan to learn how to make sushi :D

Please could I have a bit more explanation about what exactly is happening please?

Are these real people singing or are they PCs and drinks?

I don't have much actually credited to A. G. Cook tonight, but he has his fingers in a LOT of what you'll heard tonight as a producer.

Please could I have a bit more explanation about what exactly is happening please?

Sorry! PC Music is a record label that cultivated a particular sound, then sort of became a genre in itself, and then 'hyperpop' evolved as an extension of that with other artists.

Real people, usually.

What you need to remember is that often people take the main criticisms of Pop music, like that it is over produced and vapid, and deliberately turn it up to 11 and play with it. It's deliberately meant to be a bit of a nonsense most of the time, but still very catchy, singable and boppy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom