I Care A Lot (Rosamund Pike in bad bitch mode)

DO YOU CARE A LOT?

• Total voters

Jark

User
ummmm so this looks absolutely incredible?

not sure where it's come from or if it has any hype but it looks essential, camp as tits and Rosamund is back in Gone Girl mode and SERVING! she's become such a charismatic actress and she loves GOING TO TOWN on these roles. cannot wait.

also with zaddy Chris Messina and a resurgent Dianne Wiest. coming to Netflix in some territories (US, LatAm, Germany) but Amazon Prime elsewhere, Feb 19.

Oh I’m excited for this, some reviewers said it’s too mean which I’m assuming totally misses the point.

:D

I want to vote 10 ALREADY!

so annoying though - I accidentally forgot to cancel my Amazon Prime trial so it charged me and now runs until TWO DAYS BEFORE this film is out. :evil:

he's SO HOT playing a douchey closed-minded upper middle class American bore in (the amazing) Vicky Cristina Barcelona. I've been hot for him ever since

This could go either way but as with that Carey Mulligan bad bitch vehicle I'm happy to STRAP MYSELF IN for the ride.

Rosamund Pike is GOLDEN GLOBE NOMINATED :disco: so is James Corden so possibly it's all moot but hey ho

This was difficult to enjoy just because of how evil Rosamund’s character is. You just want her to suffer but then you consider the alternative and it’s like everyone is so bad.

this is out TODAY! Netflix/Amazon

I plan to get furiously drunk and watch tomorrow evening

Do say more

From the trailer I was expecting some acerbic witty drama about a guy trying to get his mother out from a demonic legal guardian, and while it actually was that overall, I wasn’t expecting the hodge podge of genres or a thriller involving
the Russian mafia
. I’m glad the trailer didn’t spoil it like it could have.

I did enjoy it though and I loved the ending :D

Enjoyed this a lot for the most part, obviously Rosamund is doing the lord's work here - but I thought it had a big shark jump moment before/during the final act that made the last half hour feel quite OFF. Marla doesn't suffer enough. And they didn't use Dianne Wiest enough overall. I think narratively it was far too neat but the ideas driving the plot were pretty fresh, just weighed down by mediocre plotting. Visually it also felt a little dated. Someone like Fincher would've made this a great film rather than a good one.

grade: B

This was hilarious. The old lady choking Rosamund :D

It's hard to do white collar crime on film I think, so credit to this film for at least making it engaging.

But I agree that Rosamund's character is not the villain you root for. She's pretty 2 Dimensional. I was actually really happy with that ending lol

this had me anxious for two hours straight.

On what planet is this considered a COMEDY? :D :(

It’s a BLACK Comedy. Honestly one of my fav and most underrated genres. There aren’t enough of them being made.

Was I the only one rooting for poor brave (not the real) Jennifer Peterson? Living off oatmeal and soup sounds awful.

It’s a BLACK Comedy. Honestly one of my fav and most underrated genres. There aren’t enough of them being made.

Because most people think that 'black comedy' is the same as shock comedy. Most so-called black comedies have little to no wit whatsoever. It's just "Durrrr let's see how many people we can offend."

Because most people think that 'black comedy' is the same as shock comedy. Most so-called black comedies have little to no wit whatsoever. It's just "Durrrr let's see how many people we can offend."
Trying to think of examples of what you mean. Maybe shit like Rough Night, which is just a bad comedy or Very Bad Things? Although I personally liked the VBT even though almost everyone I know hates it.

I enjoyed this and the assortment of terrible people. Rosamund's hair, especially at the beginning, just screamed PURE EVIL

There were a few amusing moments, but I didn't love this. Performances were good across the board... but I think the lack of someone to root for did make it suffer somewhat. I know, I know, it's kinda the point.

I also thought the judge was fucking DUMB and it kept annoying me.... :D

The judge is one of the numerous plot holes tbh. Somebody on Facebook asked why the fuck the mafia would kill the female doctor, when they could've captured and tortured her for info.

I'm not a movie buff, but would this not probably become a cult classic?

I loved this. It's COMPLETELY and UTTERLY ridiculous and it doesn't bear any scrutiny whatsoever, but who cares? It's a RIDE AND A HALF - I LAUGHED, I got A BIT EMOSH, I HATED her, then ROOTED for her, I HOLLERED at the screen when
Peter Dinklage wakes up in the hospital bed
and you see her VERY NICE SHOES popping up in the shot and you just KNOW what's going to happen :D I guess this is what SOME feel like when they watch MARVEL FILMS.

My favourite bit is when she
RIPS HER OWN TOOTH OUT for no apparent reason (?)
beyond showing us what a fucking tough bitch she is :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom