"I like my fucking twot": A Tori Amos - American Doll Posse Sync Listen - FINALLY HAPPENED!

Poll OpTORItionies

• Total voters

Tisch

Spare potatoes
Tori-Amos-2007-01.jpg

IF YOU DARE - come join for this 26 track album (23 main album + 3 bonus youtube tracks). I haven't actually listened for a long while but it's mostly good bops!

American Doll Posse sees Mary Ellen take on five personas each with a wig more terrible than the last. From left to right they are Santa (SanTORIum), Clyde (CliTORIdes), Isabel (HisTORIcal), Tori (TerraTORIes) and Pip (ExpiraTORIal). Each inspired by a Mythical God and each who sing a few tracks on the album (with some of them duetting).

Isabel - "Yo George", "Mr. Bad Man", "Devils and Gods", "Almost Rosey", "Dark Side of the Sun"#
Clyde - "Bouncing Off Clouds", "Girl Disappearing", "Roosterspur Bridge", "Beauty of Speed", "Miracle" (with Tori)
Pip - "Teenage Hustling", "Fat Slut", "Body and Soul" (with Santa), "Velvet Revolution", "Smokey Joe"
Santa - "You Can Bring Your Dog", "Secret Spell", "Body and Soul" (with Pip), "Programmable Soda", "Dragon", "My Posse Can Do", "Drive All Night"
Tori - "Big Wheel", "Digital Ghost", "Father's Son", "Code Red", "Posse Bonus", "Miracle" (with Clyde)

As she put it herself:

What I'm trying to tell other women is they have their own version of the compartmentalised feminine which may have been repressed in each one of them. For many years I have been an image; that isn’t necessarily who I am completely. I have made certain choices and that doesn’t mean that those choices are the whole story. I think these women are showing me that I have not explored honest extensions of the self who are now as real as the redhead.

So now that's all clear hope you can join us! It looks as if it'll be just over 90 mins in length.

In the meantime, let me know which doll ARE YOU :o

I will leave you with "Tori" admonishing Britney's Toxic as being about toxic shock syndrome:

@Iguana @jivafox @BoysForSeles @Suedey @Gangsta Nancy Lam @straightorbroken @RJN @VoR @Beverley @Bluejeans @ZenGiraffe

---

Bonus tracks

Attachments

• 1618388728038.jpeg
    1618388728038.jpeg
    11.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Bouncing is still one of my favourite Tori things ever. Don't think I've ever heard Miracle before! Not that it's amazing, but I like it. Would have been nice to have that on the album (instead of Soda or Mr. Bad Man).

Oh hey. :)

I might postpone this because Iguana's burning the candle both ends of the spectrum work-wise and also I'm not sure I'm really in the MOOD tonight. Was anyone completely counting on this happening tonight? :(

I'll find a date next week!

Just noticed this has been rescheduled for a Tuesday and I can’t do Tuesday evenings :(

0ffc9c8840be4aa0e1489028f46e4543.jpg

I’m happy to listen but don’t mind if it’s rescheduled to when everyone wants to enthusiastically post!

I mean it has its moments but the production lets it down and of course it's overlong.

AATS on the other hand is a PRODUCER's album :disco:

If it’s weekdays Tuesday generally suits me best but whatever the majority want of course.

@BoysForSeles are you still planning your PJ Harvey PLAYLIST SYNCETTÉ? Looking forward to it :disco:
Yes I am. I have done an hour long playlist for it already. Sundays have filled up quickly whilst I got my act together. I was then going to say the 19th but that’s Eurovision weekend so one of the two Sundays after?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom