I miss Whitney Houston

vespertine

God damn it Claude
A friend of mine, big fan of Nippy, sent me this lovely photo today and I welled up on the bus. :D :( I wish she was still here.

a6beb4955a97919f2fb89cc445ac17d7-seventeen-magazine-whitney-houston.jpg

My favourite is hands down "My Love Is Your Love."

straightorbroken

rebel heart
Until it wasn't, her beaming voice was bulletproof and on a higher plane. When I really want to celebrate and just bask in her I go to Love Will Save The Day, but Higher Love was the remixed re-entry that hit me like a truck. The live upload from back in the day is hilarious: things seem to be going wrong (I'm guessing with her wardrope), she's ready for it to finish and making gestures with her back-up players, all the while it's laughably effortless for her and her final number of the night. They really can't take away her dignity - that she did it herself merely proved she was human.

straightorbroken

rebel heart
"Cissy's baby" - I liked what Ree said about her. However, Dionne got her good at the funeral. Not even gatecrashing Cilla's could have topped that.

Sheena

Hang on to your chair, dearie...
I miss her too. I always liked her a lot and owned all her albums but I wasn’t obsessed with her until the last couple of years, when it’s gone to another level. I play her stuff weekly at the very least. So much love for her amongst my friendship group too.

I was really hoping the marvellous response to the marvellous Higher Love would spur a remix project at the very least, but nothing yet. Those albums all need proper deluxe editions and surely there’s some unreleased stuff in the vaults they can prise open.

I mean, nothing from BEYOND the GRAVE. Selfish bitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom