I was Sunday years old when I learned…

Anyway, went to the gym for 7am, did a 35 minute cross training work out and chest and triceps weights session. I know it's only been a week, but feels like my gym addiction is slowly returning. AT FUCKING LAST.

I only found out yesterday that percentages are reversible. So 8% of 25 is exactly the same answer as 25% of 8, which is obviously much easier to work out.

MORNING

I need someone to convince my friend (who I think realises he’s wrong but doesn’t want to admit it) that if something increases by 25% and then falls by 25% it’s not the same level as it was at the start

Anyway, went to the gym for 7am, did a 35 minute cross training work out and chest and triceps weights session. I know it's only been a week, but feels like my gym addiction is slowly returning. AT FUCKING LAST.
Not enough HOT MEN at 7am I find

I need someone to convince my friend (who I think realises he’s wrong but doesn’t want to admit it) that if something increases by 25% and then falls by 25% it’s not the same level as it was at the start
Can he not just do the math and see for himself?

You can type that shit into Google

50 + 50%
75 - 50%

I’m astonished people even have to question that one, though… WTF? :D

I only found out yesterday that percentages are reversible. So 8% of 25 is exactly the same answer as 25% of 8, which is obviously much easier to work out.

MORNING

Confused Thinking GIF

I was today years old when I learned that hangovers don't go away when you turn 39.

We did this in Year 1 on Friday.

Suppose the original value is 𝑋X.

Then the new value, 𝑌Y, is 𝑌=𝑋+0.25𝑋Y=X+0.25X. That is, add 𝑋X and 25% of 𝑋X.

Now 𝑋+0.25𝑋=1𝑋+0.25𝑋=1.25𝑋X+0.25X=1X+0.25X=1.25X.

So 𝑌=1.25𝑋Y=1.25X.

To solve for the old value, we are looking for 𝑋X, so divide by 1.251.25: 𝑋=𝑌1.25

We did this in Year 1 on Friday.

Suppose the original value is 𝑋X.

Then the new value, 𝑌Y, is 𝑌=𝑋+0.25𝑋Y=X+0.25X. That is, add 𝑋X and 25% of 𝑋X.

Now 𝑋+0.25𝑋=1𝑋+0.25𝑋=1.25𝑋X+0.25X=1X+0.25X=1.25X.

So 𝑌=1.25𝑋Y=1.25X.

To solve for the old value, we are looking for 𝑋X, so divide by 1.251.25: 𝑋=𝑌1.25

Have you given your login to cwej?

But 1,25 is always meant to be 25% :what:

Imagine it like 1.25 = 5/4.
But dividing by 1.25 is the same as multiplying by 4/5 (I know you watched Only Yesterday where this was explained)
But 4/5 = 80% so dividing by 1.25 is a 20% reduction.

Sorry if I didn’t word that well, I typed half of it before my friend visited and half now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom